Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Dylan's POV

I watched as the loaded Riley on the stretcher with an oxygen tank connected to her mouth. She looked lifeless but I could still see her chest rise and fall as she took a deep breath in and out.

My brothers came out just in time to see the ambulance doors close. "Dude, what the hell is going on?

I shook my head and ran a hand over my face. "There was a shooting. She was hit."

"Riley?" Dean asked alarmed. I looked at him and he looked concerned. Suprisingly after a short period of time he instantly cared for Riley as a sister. It was a shock to even find out he talked to her. She didn't talk to anyone.

"Yeah." I croaked out. Suddenly I felt slap against the back of my head. "Hey!"

"Get going!" Derek yelled angrily. I instantly went for the ambulance and sat in the back with them. I listened to the sirens as I held Riley's hand. She moved a little bit and moaned.

"Oh damn." She said trying to pull out the oxygen tube that was connected to her nose I quickly pushed her hand away and then held it.

"No, don't do that." I whispered in her ear.

"Wh . . . what happened." She stumbled over her words clearly from the medicine and pain.

"You were shot, I'm so sorry Riley I tried to-" She lifted up her uninjured arm and put her finger to my lips.

"Stop, please. It's not your fault." She said and drifted back into her slumber.

I kissed her head as we pulled up to the hospital. They gently took her out of the med van and wheeled her into the hospital. I wasn't far behind, but once they got her in the OR I was forced to wait in the waiting room.

I got out my cellphone and called Dean. He was the most panicked right now. After a ring and a half Dean answered his phone. "What's going on with Riley?" Were his first words. I sighed.

"She's in the operating room now."

"Is she okay?" I shook my head and looked around.

"I think so, she was talking to me on the way here. That's a good sign right?"

"Dude you're the cop, you tell me." I ran a hand over my face and was about to answer but Dean interrupted me. "You know, you don't seem too upset with this." I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it making sure I heard him right before putting it back.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You don't seem too upset."

"Yeah because she's going to be fine." I said through gritted teeth. Who the hell did he think he was judging me like that.

"And if she's not?" He asked the question that I didn't even bother to think about. What if she wasn't okay? What if she was more hurt than I thought.

"I gotta let you go okay."

"Whatever you say man, just keep me updated."

"Yeah I will." I said and hung up the phone. I looked at the clock and realized I've only been sitting here for a full five minutes. This was going to be a long day.

*******************************************************************************************

Riley's POV

I woke up to a blinding bright light. This was it right? I was dead, I remember Dylan saying that I was shot and now I was dead. I never told him how much I liked him or that I was happy to be his girlfriend.

I felt a pressure on my hand. "Are you an angel?" I asked and hear a soft chuckle.

"Why would you think that?" The deep voice asked.

"Because I was shot now I'm dead, right?"

"Riley, open your eyes." I shook my head.

"No, I don't want to be dead. I want to be in earth with Dylan."

"Riley open your eyes, please." I sighed and when I opened my eyes. I saw my own personall angel, Dylan.

"Am I dead?" I asked confused and another chuckle left his throat.

"No, baby, you are not dead. You are here with me on earth like you wanted." I went to pick up my arm to punch him but the pain made me drop it and shriek in pain.

I closed my eyes in pain and felt Dylan's soft hands on my cheeks. "Baby, are you okay? Should I get the doctor?" I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine. Tell me what happened, please."

"Um, I was about to take you out when a car came by and began firing at us."

"Is your family okay? How's that barn? The animals?" He smiled and kissed my lips gently.

"Everything, and everyone is fine." I closed my eyes and relaxed in the pillows.

"What about you?"

"Ri, I'm fine. Not a scratch on me. The only one who got hurt was you, and I'm so sorry about that Riley. I don't know what I would do if something would of happened to you."

"I'm fine too Dylan. Just a little scratch."

"A bullet in your shoulder is just a little scratch." I looked and saw where it was wrapped up and smiled.

"You heard me." He laughed and I bit my lip. "So much for a date huh?" I laughed nervously.

"I'll make up for it." He said in a serious tone and I closed my eyes and let out a yawn. "You should get some rest."

"But I just woke up." I whined but I felt my eyes slowly closing.

"Rest, I'll be here when you wake up." I nodded and I fell back into my darkness.