2.6

⬆@whirldraws_ via twitter
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
“Ceiling....” I quietly murmured as I stare at the unusual ceiling I don't usually wake up to. I glance around the room, white ceiling, black walls, luxurious items of furniture, see through the curtain by the balcony, and the sound of running water. "Ajax…" I murmured his name. I've been here a couple of times to know that this is his room and I'm in his house. 

I tried to recall my last memory when I was still conscious, I remember being on a boat, taking a mission…killing Venti, and…shooting myself in the leg...to be more precise I scratch the bullet. 

“You're a wake”

I flinched at his voice from the bathroom, Ajax, ruffling his hair with a piece of small towel and big one warping around his waist. “I…” I stare at him and then trace my eye down his body. “Leaving you speechless?” he smiled. “ah. I forgot to tell you that I'm blind sorry for hiding this fact for so long” monotony replied. 

“Haha, funny Y/n. How are you feeling, feeling better from the injury?” he ask. 

I sit up on the bed and look around my body, bandages wrap around everywhere. “Well, I'm not dead? So yes. I'm feeling fine” I replied.  

I move around my wrist and slowly stand up from the bed, trying to see how much I can move. First I swung around my arm and I tried stretching and kicking, my leg injury will take some time to heal. I then proceed to flip my shirt up and see bruises on the side of my stomach and in some other places. This injury was given by Grusha. 

“ah, ah comrade, you shouldn't move so much yet,” said Ajax. “I'm fine-” When I turn around and face him, he gently wraps his arm around me nuzzling his head to mine like a dog. “Aren't you supposed to leave the injured one alone?” I ask him. “Well you did say you are fine” he replied quietly. “Your body is still wet” I voice up again. “I just finished showering” 

“I don't want to get wet” 

“Does this mean I can hug you afterward?”

“No” 

“Ah, cold as always” 

He slowly let go of me and walked towards his closet. “Breakfast? I'll make something for you” he asked. “No need, I’ll head out immediately and report the situation” 

“Don't worry about that, I have to go report the situation at the headquarters tomorrow,” he replied. 

“Then…”

“yup. You are free, aren't you? Why not take a break at my place for a while? you can stay while I'm gone too”

“I'm-”

“Who knows Lawrence could come knocking at your door right now. Aren't you too tired to deal with them right now?”

“...”

“Then that's settled, I'm not planning to stay over. I'll be back the day after tomorrow” he said

Tartaglia walked out from the changing area with an open-chest red shirt and his usual pants. “My place is safe. No one knows about this place” he said. “Oh. I thought there would be one or two girls coming to hit you up here” I sarcastically ask. “...I don't bring people to my house”

I glance at his expression trying to read him while he says that but his expression looks distant to be read so I look away uninterested. 

“Let's head down then,” he suggested. 

I quietly got up from the bed, open the door, and glanced behind to see him coming out too. I've been here many times but I still can't get used to this big house he lives in. The stair from the second floor to the first floor is occupied by a view of a chandelier in the center of a semi-half spiral stair.