Mystery Island II

Kendall suddenly woke up from her slumber and quickly got up, taking out her hunting knife. Her action alerted the others as they all woke up from their sleep. And when they notice Kendall has her knife ready, they knew there was danger.

"Kendall? What's out there?" Brooklynn asked fearfully.

"I don't know, grab a stick in the fire, arm yourselves, fire might scare it off." Kendall instructed them.

Without hesitation, they quickly grabbed their sticks and set them on fire, ready to defend themselves. Val and Celestia hid behind Kendall's legs, fearing what might come out of the shadows. Then they heard a growl that resembled either a lion or tiger. They huddled together and watched as something stepped out of the shadows. And to everyone's shock, it was a prehistoric feline predator called a Smilodon.

 And to everyone's shock, it was a prehistoric feline predator called a Smilodon

Commonly known as a saber-toothed cat or tiger. Kendall, Val, Celestia, and Darius knew that it is an extinct carnivorous mammal that lived through the Pleistocene and Holocene epochs. It is the largest and most famously known species of predatory felines called the Saber-toothed cats, with its fangs reaching a foot long. And it could easily rip them to pieces with those teeth.

"What is that thing?!" Kenji whispers in fear.

"Smilodon," Kendall, Val, Celestia, Hudson, and Darius answered, all looking at the Smilodon, who let out a growl.

"Aren't those like saber tooth tigers that went extinct or somethin'?" Sammy asked fearfully, shaking her torch at the Smilodon.

"Yeah, they were until now..." Kendall said quietly, readying her blade while eyeing on the Smilodon. "Everyone, listen to me carefully, I have a plan."

"Kendall, I will follow you to the ends of the Earth if it means getting out of this situation!" Kenji said in a fearful tone.

"Good, now get on your knees, and let Val do her thing." Kendall instructed them slowly.

"What? Why?" Darius asked softly, still scared about the situation.

"If we don't look like a threat, it will ease off, and Val can communicate with it when it's calm, all right?" The group was still skeptical but nodded their heads, wanting to live to see another day, "Now, put your torches away, and get on your knees."

Listening to her words, they put away their torches and got on their knees. Stiggy, Redford, and Bumpy followed too, lying on the ground to be less threatening. Kendall then looks at Val and nodded, signaling her to do her thing. Val nods back and looks at the Smilodon. She could feel the bond with the Smilodon happening and the Smilodon was now looking at her instead of her friends. Its aggressiveness slowly vanished as it was now becoming docile.

"Hello," Val spoke, causing the Smilodon to tilt its head at her, "My name is Val, this my sister, Celestia, and our friends," She introduce, and Celestia waved at the Smilodon with a smile while the rest stayed as they were, "We didn't mean to come to your cave, we were just trying to escape the rain."