𝟏𝟔» sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪɴᴛɪᴍᴀᴄʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ

"But I can see us lost in the memoryAugust slipped away into a moment in time'Cause it was never mine

August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine."

~August//Taylor Swift

8th of October, 1922

The Ripper of Monterey, they call me.
I've earned my name.

There's this achingly ravenous hunger pulsating through my veins, of blood and lust alike. I should be out there satiating it, engaging in meaningless one-nighters which fill nearly all my other midnights. However, lately, I find myself abandoning my ways when you're near.

I hear your brogue Mary Jane's click in my direction and something in my body shifts. My soul, bereft of consciousness, rouses.

The feeling is not mutual, I've gathered. You're irked by even the sound of my voice. Everyone else is smitten, but you... You're not charmed so easily. You're not batting your eyelashes at me or begging me to take you in a darkened alley.

I find myself wondering if the man I was once would please you more. And why is it that the man I've become needs your approval?

I want you, with or without feelings. I've never wanted anything this much in my entire life. Not even Katherine Pierce. Not even blood. Getting the others is easy. You're a challenge. I'll be damned. This might become my favorite game yet.

I think you're going to be good for me, sugar.

STEFAN FIDDLED WITH HIS PEN. His eyes were set on the same entry he had been re-reading for the past hour, the thoughts in his brain refusing to mum.

He had to give it to the Mystic Falls gang for handling the situation. Though some of them were (understandably) taking more time in coming to terms with the supernatural world, he appreciated their willingness to try.