One girl had just gotten out of a relationship last night. So, she had been crying at every word I let out because something always reminded her of him.

If she'd just ask me for advice, I'd told her to learn to shake things off and get over it like I'd done before.

Besides, I'm sure Collins was doing the same and was truly happy now without me.

Another chick kept referring to herself in the third person. It got so bad to the point where I had to pour myself a glass of red wine I ordered Eddie to bring along to get me through the rest of the interview, without calling her an incompent fool who had no one that truly loved her—unless they were trying to put themselves out of their own misery of course.

Nonetheless, I just bit my tongue and drank—but not too much before I became completely zozzled of course. Something about me being half seas over judging from my past mistakes, generally didn't smoothe out so well.

I didn't understand why this was becoming so incredibly hard. I was a simple woman who just had certain requirements and restrictions much like anyone else.

"The role is pretty much a walk in the greenland. I say to do something, you shut up and do it. If you don't like it, there's several ways I can make you never enter into the world of Hollywood again—and I can assure you how much I will not care, if you don't comply. If you have any respect for yourself, get rid of it. It doesn't mix well with me and I don't like it one bit. I expect you to bring me my daily extra hot, low fat milk, and the darkest roast coffee with a hint of cinnamon and maple syrup. If you come back with it wrong, consider yourself the dumbest person alive. So! The only thing I need to ask you is why would you want to work for a statured woman like myself? Keep in mind, whatever your response is, better be brief too or I will mentally go to sleep on your idle chatter with a smile on my face." I explained to the next little dame I was speaking to, sitting across from me.

For a moment, she stood there in silence as I stared back at her awiting for her reply.

But instead of even getting one, she appeared nearly baffled and unsure of herself.

"Uh...well..I..uh-" She tried to make out nervously.

Nope. Not her either.

"Okay next! You clearly don't catch on to things easily so that's going to be a no for me. But let me just say I appreciate you for opening my mind beyond reason. Really." I mentioned, grinning as she started to do the same. "You see, I expected nothing from you when you entered and now I'm confident to say, I got even less." I put a giant 'X' through her name with my pen.

Glancing back toward her, I could already see a piece of her heart being crushed watching me do it too—but I didn't care. Nobody's home in that head of hers anyway.

Getting up from her chair, she just rushed away to break down crying as I stood there emotionless and sighing in distress.

Eddie then eyed me in the same way. "Miss Singh, did ya have to be so rough on the gal? That was the fourteenth one from today who's done that. Ya know we're not gonna get anywhere if ya icy mitten' everyone who comes crawling in."

I rolled my eyes. So what? They were all the same—just as I thought. Besides, it wasn't just my rather brutal honesty that made me sure they weren't a good fit.

The question I kept asking spoke for itself. 'Why did they want to work for me?'

And the answers I got from each one of them, solidified my knowledge of where their head was truly at with it.

From one girl, her response was right out the gate. "I heard ya throw a lot of parties. I've always wanted to go to a big shot party."

Then another's, "I heard you get a brand new Rolls Royce car every year for free! Is it possible for me to get one too?"

And the one I heard several times before. "I'm told ya get to hang out with a lot of famous people every day and night! That's just the bee's knee's! Can ya introduce me to Louise Brooks?"

First of all, Lousie Brooks hated commoners. Second of all, she wasn't too fond of me either after I hooked up with her goof one night at a producer's bash. So that was a no too. But that one time was by far nothing dandy compared to well...another man's electrifying touch.

Though it was obvious. Everyone would always want to use me for something.

Whether it was fame, money, or exploiting my reputation. No one really cared about me as a person or my feelings. Not even if I begged them to give me their attention.

So why should I show anyone else the slightest care?

"Just hurry up and send in the next chick. I've got a date tonight with my bathtub. And who knows? Maybe for everyone to be happy finally, I can drown in it too." I let out sarcastically.

It's what they wanted anyway, right?

Sighing once more, he soon did as told.

I got up from my chair to stretch my gams out—feeling my patience thinning. It was like something inside me just wanted to scream. I didn't know what it was exactly. Perhaps it was the memories of my nightmares on the brain right now as well, and not just when I slept.

But either way, I hated the feeling.

Hearing the sounds of footsteps walking in next—to my surprise, it wasn't the clicking of heels this time. It resembled more like loafers.

Pointed toe shoes? Menswear?

Yet suddenly, the scent of a familiar musky cologne carried to my nose all too well.

My body instantly tensed up, my tongue became so dry, and my heart began racing faster than burning oil from the fire lamp outside the shop I kept staring at in focus.

"Okay! Last one didn't work out, no worries! Miss Singh, please meet our next candidate who was a last minute addition—but I still think we should give him a fighting chance. Don't ya?" Edide then uttered calmly. Him?!

Quickly spinning around, my eyes widened and what I expected was standing right in front of me with a smug grin plastered across his face.

"Hello Victoria."

Gasping briefly, I couldn't believe it. But the only words that would escape were dripping with sudden alarm.

"Danny?"

Oh god. Him.

🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

Uh-oh! How would you feel if you had to see your ex again (if ya had one)?