𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵.

LOVE VERSUS REAL LOVE

LILLY JUMPED OFF HER COUCH WHNE SHE HEARD THE PHONE RING, quickly grabbing it out of the cell. the other line was dead silent, she didn't know if she was being scammed.

"hello?" she called.

"lilly?" a boy's voice answered.

"yeah, who is this?" she started to feel worried.

"it's me, ponyboy, i got your number from debby." ponyboy explains.

lilly sighed in relief, "oh thank god, thought you were one of those prank callers."

"nah, that's all two-bit and steve." he joked.

"so umm... what do you need?" lilly politely asked.

"i just wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over tonight, have dinner with me and my brothers." ponyboy offered.

lilly smiled with the cord twisted around her finger, "of course, my mom won't even notice that i'm gone so yeah why not."

"cool well, i can get my brother to pick you up if you want." ponyboy added.

"that's be great, i don't really want my brother taking me." lilly frowned, not being able to be seen through the phone.

"alright then, see you tonight?"

"see you tonight." lilly nodded.

she heard him say something that started with an I but the phone went silent, she just put the phone back.

lilly went into her bedroom to find clothes that are more casual, something that won't get ponyboy's brothers to judge her. she barely owned any pairs of jeans, just shorts or denim skirts.

she found a pair of flares that she forgot she had, she didn't remember if she had gotten them for herself or someone had gifted it to her, but she thought it was perfect to wear for dinner with ponyboy and his brothers.

lilly looked through her closets of sweaters, blouses, and a few t-shirts. it felt like hell trying to look for something to wear other than a knit sweater.

her eyes landed on a blue coca cola t-shirt, a shirt that debra left at her house one night when she slept over. lilly and debra were perfectly comfortable with letting each other share clothes, as long as they didn't come back ripped.

she threw off the tank top she was wearing, pulling the t-shirt over her body.

she then grabbed the flares that laid flat on her bed. lilly was not used to wearing jeans and when they were on, she started tugging on them to adjust the tight places that made her feel uncomfortable.

she took a look in the mirror, tucking the front of her t-shirt into her jeans. she twisted and turned constantly in the mirror, bitched and moaned about how stupid she looked.