~12~

Here I am sitting by my mothers side, about to go off and fight. How pathetic is that?

I wish it wasn't like that. I wish my mom didn't have cancer and was still the CEO of some big time company. 

I wish my dad would either get a good job or publish a book. 

I wish a lot of things nowadays.

 I wish I could stop wishing.

"Mom. I have to go now. But I will be back early tomorrow,"I say kissing my mom's forehead.

"Ok sweetie. Are you going out with that boy Luke?"she asks being the nosy mom she is but I love her for it.

"You could say that,"I say. I mean I am not really lying. I am going out with Luke but his friends are coming also. To watch me fight. God, I am terrible person for lying to my mother.....WHO HAS CANCER!

"Good. I like him. You two are cute together. I see the way he looks at you when he waits by the door for,"she says with a big smile. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. He doesn't look at me any way. Does he? She motioned for me to lean down closer to her.

"Just like now,"she whispered in my ear.

I turned to the door and sure enough there was a tall, blonde hair,and blue eyed boy standing in the door way looking at me. My cheeks burned from hoe bad I was blushing.

"Bye mom I love you,"I said as I walked to Luke. "Bye darling I love you. Have fun,"she said with a wave. I looked to the chair in the corner to see my dad asleep. I smiled to myself. I am glad he is sleeping. He needs it.

"Ready?"I ask looking up at Luke. He is way to tall. He nodded and stepped aside letting me walk in front of him.

"What did your mom say,"he asked walking beside me now.

"I think she thinks we are dating,"I laughed. "Oh. Really,"he asked with a little amusement in his voice. I nodded. I saw him smile to himself but I don't think he noticed.

"Where are the guys?"I ask curious as to why they aren't with him. "They are waiting in Mikey's van,"he replied.

"Oh. Ok,"I say.

"You do know that I am not comfortable with you doing this right?"he said looking me in the eye. His stare was intense.

"I have to Luke. I don't like it but I need to do this,"I say staring back at him.

He didn't say anything he just kept walking. He mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't hear him. I decided to leave it. I didn't need him getting any more mad at me.

We piled into Michael's van and started off. We had to stop by my house to get my clothes for tonight and then we headed down town.

The ride was long and quite. I felt like a little kid who's parents are mad at them. I didn't like it.

•Luke's POV•

I watched her once again walk through the crowd of screaming people and go into the changing rooms.

I hate that she does this but it looks like nothing is going to change her mind.

I pray to God that she doesn't get herself hurt.

A few minutes pass and then I hear the announcer.

"Here comes the famous undefeated Becka Sawyer,"he yelled and pointed to Becka who was making her way to the rink. She looked so confident in the dim light. She looked like an angel about to take on the world. and he i am looking like a tall lanky noodle who is drooling over a girl that is to good for him.

"On the other side we have Shelly Tucker,"he yelled pointing to a girl on the other side of the room.

She looked pretty muscular. She also dread locks that did not look good on her. She was twice Becka's size but by the looks of Becka's face it didn't phase her. She was so brave it would scare the pants off a grown man.

An hour went by of me wincing and looking away every time Becka would get hit. Then Becka would beat the ever living crap out of her opponent.

She fought twice tonight and when she was done she had a huge wad of cash and her face was full of tiredness.

5 minutes later she was walking to us. She had changed into some sweats and a tank top with her hair in a messy bun.

Once she got closer I cringed at the sight of her. She had bruises all along her arms and to top it off she had a black eye from that the last girl she fought.

She beat both of them but still managed to get banged up pretty good. I felt like I was responsible for her bruises. Like I could have stopped her.

I walked up to her and ran my hand over her bruises. She winced once my hand reached her black eye and I instantly pulled my hand away. I would hug her but I think I would hurt her.

"Oh my god Becka,"I say finally managing words,"are you alright."

" I am fine Luke. It is just some bruises,"she said as if they were like little ant bites a kid would whine about.

"Just bruises my butt. Becke you have a black eye for Christ sakes,"Ashton yelled sounding just as worried as I was. He walked to her and pulled her into a hug. She winced but soon smiled.

That should have been me. Since when are Ashton and Becka so close? Did I miss something?