~5~

• Luke's POV •

After Becka told me about her mom and how her dad didn't have a job and that is why she needed the money from fights, I was blown away.

How could a girl so quiet and good and pure go through that? I promised I wouldn't judge her and I didn't. If anything this just gave me more respect for her.

I noticed that she was crying after explaining her moms cancer story. I didn't know what to do so I just gave and awkward side hug but then it became a full on hug.

• Becka's POV •

When Luke hugged me I felt......... I don't know...... Safe?

He was being so nice compared to the jerk he was at school. I pulled away from the hug and wiped my eyes.

"Sorry for getting your shirt wet,"I say looking at the tear stain on his shirt. "It is alright. I'll just change shirts,"he said and took off his shirt.

I was surprised that he didn't have any tattoos. He was just a giganticly tall teenage boy with a six pack. I will have to admit, he is very hot.

"No tattoos?"I ask wanting to clear my head of thinking he was hot or cute. "Why would I have tattoos?"he asks laughing while putting on a Nirvana shirt.

"Well your reputation as the bad boy would automatically make a person think you have tattoos,"I say.

"Well your good girl reputation would automatically make a person think that you would sit in your room on the weekends reading a book. Not kicking the crap out of someone,"he says. The smirk plainly displayed on his face.

"Touché Luke Hemmings. By the way I like your taste in bands,"I say. "You too,"he says eyeing my shirt.

"Come on let's go down stairs before the boys break something else,"he says. "Wait,Luke. You are the only person that knows about my mom and I would like to keep it that way,"I say making sure he knows I don't want him to tell anyone about our previous conversation.

"Of course. And I will let you tell the boys why you do what you do,"he says. And we walk downstairs.

"Okay!! Calum Ashton and Michael on the couch now,"yells Luke. "Yes sir,"they say with a salute. I couldn't help but laugh. It was to funny. "They are all yours,"he says and does a bow and walks away. That just made me laugh harder and the boys laughed as well.

"Ok before I tell you why I fight you have to swear that you will tell anyone what I do. Not even your parents. And especially not my parents,"I say after we all calmed down.

"Of course. Promise. Mum's the word,"they all said.

I nodded and then hesitated to tell them.
"Luke can come here for a second,"I said and dragged him into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?"he asks. "I want to tell them the truth. I really do but do you think they will keep it a secret?"I asks.

"Yeah I am sure they can but it is up to you wether you tell them or not,"he said. I nodded and walked back into the living room with Luke trailing close behind.

"The reason I fight for money is because my mom........well she has leukemia. And my dad is a writer who doesn't have back up job. So I needed a way to get money to pay the bills and for my mom's medicine. We were doing great until my mom was diagnosed and then,"I had to pause because tears we threatening to spill from eyes",then her treatments wiped us of money. I fight because I am good at it and it pays. Even if it is illegal. I had to do it. You can't tell anyone."

"And you can't treat me any different at school because people will get suspicious. I have kept this a secret for a little over a year and it needs to stay a secret,"I say. Then they all nod and do something I didn't expect. They all hugged me.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be standing in Luke Hemmings' living room being hugged by him and his friends. It was really weird but somehow.... It soothed me.