Chapter 24 - Blame it on the Alcohol.

Start bij het begin

The blonde emerged from the closet a few minutes later, eyeing the two with their red eyes suspiciously. "I don't even want to know."

Emily wore a black, off the shoulder gown. It hugged her curves, but not to the point it would have been too revealing for its purpose. She had to lift the bottom slightly to walk without tripping over all the additional cloth.

"You look breathtaking." Annabelle breathed.

If this is how Annabelle acts when she's actually with someone, I could definitely get used to it, Emily thought.

They left the room, entering into the hallway where servants were walking back and forth, all to ensure everything was in its place and prepared for the festivities. Annabelle hadn't opened the Salvatore castle to the public in decades. After the death of both parents, and her relationship with her wife, she was less socially inclined.

She'd spent years working, leading, being Queen and didn't make time for much else. Despite the copious number of women, she'd been with since that time, they had never been more than hookups she used to keep herself sexually satiated.

Now, not only has she met a woman who touched her every being, but also birthed her a son—and that she decided, was more than worth the celebration. Five hundred people were chosen based on their records and history to attend the festivities at the castle. And for the first time, Annabelle would be...socializing amongst them for the evening.

As they neared the doors of the castle, she could see Emily visibly tense. She held the blonde's arm, tugging gently until they faced each other.

"Is everything alright?"
"Yes." She answered a bit too quickly. "I mean...I don't know. I've never done anything like this before. I'm new to this..." she motioned to the castle and then to Annabelle. "I mean—I grew up on a farm Annabelle. I just—"

The queen leaned, capturing her lips in a kiss that lasted only as long as Gideon allowed before he began fussing.

"Breathe, relax. I know we've done the act backwards, having the child before the relationship even started," Annabelle chuckled. "But we're together now, and that's what matters."

Victoria sprung above the surface of the ice-cold water she'd used to fill the tub. Her dark hair slick against her back as she tucked her knees to her chest. She had woken up from another nightmare earlier that morning that set her into immediate panic. Every night since her spontaneous resurrection, she was haunted in her dreams.

The wolf never mentioned it to anyone, and since she didn't have any of her usual sexual encounters, no one had any clue it was happening. That morning she jolted out of bed drenched in sweat at three-am like clockwork. It's always three-am. In the dream, she was being devoured by maggots and wild animals while buried in the woods. It felt beyond real to her, so real she could still hear the sound of her flesh tearing in the back of her mind constantly.

The only nights Victoria didn't dream were the nights she was blackout drunk. Unfortunately, that meant she overindulged quite often to keep the nightmares at bay. Cold baths were the only thing that kept her from losing her mind—kept her grounded.

She didn't want to burden anyone with her minor issues. The witch was finally sought out and killed months ago, a fitting end to the months they'd lived fighting for their lives. Annabelle was finally able to come to terms with her feelings for Emily, and their son was ushered into the world unharmed.

Victoria spent time with them both daily and could see how enamored they were. The Queen was finally happy again, and the last thing she wanted was to ruin that.