Chp.4

"Get u- what the hell is going on here!" Darry yelled, taking Two-bit and my current state. We were both still groggy as Darry snatched Two-bit outta bed by the collar. "Sodapop's getting married to Annabelle!" I yell to by us some time. It worked, Darry looked over at me, appalled. "I found them on his bed with a ring on her finger, then ran out, Two-bit came and stayed with me cuz' I was upset, and cuz' I asked him to," "what?," Darry asked, it was all he seemed capable of doing. He walked down the hall, finally letting go of Two-bit. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. "Ponyboy, get up!" Darry yelled from Soda's room as me and Two-bit went to the lot. "Let's go get the boys," I say, "they will want to know." We hop into his car and round up the gang. Aspyn ended up on Dally's lap, we found her at Dally's house, I ended next to Two-bit and Steve and Madyson were on different seats. Dally and Aspyn could have sat on different seats but they chose not two, and on the ride home they started kissing to the point where Maddy smacked them a few times. Aspyn giggled a few more times and I knew something went down last night. We finally pulled up to the house and when we walked in, Soda and Annabelle were gone. "Where did they go?" I ask bounding up the steps. "I sent them on some errands cuz' were gonna throw a party for them on getting engaged," now it was my turn,"What, you expect me to celebrate the fact that he's leaving? No way, NO!" I yell and run back off the porch, hearing an "I'll get her," as I I make my way out the gate and keep going until I hit the lot. "Babe," Two-bit tries but I'm to far gone. I sit on newspaper covered grass and pull my knees to my chest, burying my head in them. I scream and scream and scream, shaking, only being held by Two-bit, until my throat hurts two much to keep going and I pant from lack of oxygen. Two-bit holds me at arms length and looks at my face. I can't help myself, I pull him to me and my lips crash onto his. The force of my pull knocked us backwards so that I was laying on my pile of news papers. I weave my arms into his leather jacket and knot my fingers into his shirt. He has one arm under my back and the other caressing my face. He pulled his arms out and pushed himself up and off to my side. "You ready to go home yet?" He asks, already knowing the answer. "No, I can't face Sodapop right now," I reply, he nods. "You got a cigarette babe?"
"Since when do you smoke?" He snorts out a laugh.
"Since I'm scared to death and need to relax," I shoot back.
He gave me a cigarette and a lighter and rubbed my back in slow circles. "I'm feelin better all ready," I say as I lay my head in his lap and look up at his face. I turn my head to the side and blow out smoke. I take another puff and cough, choking on the smoke. Two-bit sits me up and takes the cigarette, the stomps it into the ground. "Man I ain't never gonna give you another cig again," he says apologetically. I smile and lean into his embrace. "I love you Two-bit," " Not as much as I could ever love you, my dear, now c'mon let's get you home," and with that we got up and started walking. I must have seemed awful tired because Two-bit pulled me into his back, and I fell asleep on the way home.