Where Evil Lurks

Zacznij od początku

"Sooo...we have two Scorpios Rexes now?" Dark asked them with arms crossed.

"It appears so. I mean, I never thought it could do it until now." Wu said in shock.

"Well, we should probably give both Project Alpha. I'm guessing the second one is as unstable as its sibling. Plus, I'm worried that they might duplicate more." Dark said to the scientists.

"Good idea, if Project Alpha works, it would help both be stable and stop their duplication." Wu said before looking at the containment tube with worry, "Although, I'm worried on how these two Scorpios Rexes would interact if placed together."

"Let's find out, shall we?" Dark suggested to Wu.

Wu nodded before typing the codes, allowing the cryogenic chamber with the two Scorpios Rexes to be brought down to a hidden door beneath them. It was brought to the other room, where the ice began to thaw. They watched through the glass as the ice soon began to break and two hybrids came out of the ice. And saw what the Scorpios Rex physical traits were.

Both Scorpios Rexes are medium-sized theropods, being smaller than Indominus rex and slightly larger and bigger than the Velociraptor. Both individuals were adorned with charcoal black scales with golden highlights. Its features are heavily deformed and grotesque. These traits included a brachycephalic muzzle, red eyes with slit pupils set high on its skull, a prominent overbite, and jagged, uneven teeth. It has venomous spines on its elbows, tail, and neck. They have opposable thumbs and grasping talons, and semi-prehensile tails. They also have pairs of short spurs growing out of the back of their heels.

 They also have pairs of short spurs growing out of the back of their heels

"So, that's what the Scorpios Rex looks like." Dark said, looking at the two Scorpios Rexes, who were groggily getting up. "Do they have similar abilities like Ivy and Iris?"

Wu nodded, "Yes, like the Indominus Rexes, the Scorpios Rex has infrared vision which allows it to see the heat signature of its prey. And it also has opposable thumbs and grasping talons, and semi-prehensile tail, but unlike Ivy and Iris, it can climb any obstacles and ambush prey from above." He explains to the group.

"Anything else that we should know about before we risk Val inside?" Dark asked Wu with a brow raise.

Wu made a sheepish look, "...Yes, you see, unlike the Indominus, the Scorpios Rex is...well...poisonous."

Dark stares at him dumbfoundedly for a few seconds before exclaiming, "Seriously?! You made it fuckin' poisonous!"

"I was very ambitious back then! I really wanted to try something new." Wu defended, trying his best to ignore Dark's glare.

"Right, whatever, just tell what type of poison the Scorpios Rex has?" Dark asked, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"The poison comes from the scorpionfish DNA, and since it a member of the family Scorpaenidae, the poison is also a combination of other poisonous fishes which includes zebrafish, lionfish and stonefish, but twice as strong and different, and the quills can detach and embed in an opponent's flesh in a manner similar to that of a porcupine." Wu explains to Dark.