I. killer capital usa

Start from the beginning

Reyes looked over to the clock on the wall, quarter past eight, shit I need to leave.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll see you after the game tonight?"

"Yes, you've got your uniform?"

"Yes Ama, bye!"

Reyes got into her car. Technically it was her parents old one, but she was lucky she has a car, not a lot of teenagers in Shadyside had that luxury. Reyes turned up the radio to hear what exactly happened last night. 

"I'm here with Sheriff Nick Goode. Sheriff, what can you tell us?"

"Uh, there were seven victims. Uh, ages, uh, 16 to 42. The, uh, perpetrator is also deceased."

What a great time to live in Shadyside.

—————

Reyes heard a slam in the locker next to her, coming from one of her best friends, Deena. She looked over and could see that Deena was trying to stop a couple from making out on her locker, Reyes laughed to herself.

"You know, you look like a maniac when you laugh by yourself."

"But I'm not by myself, I'm with you."

They both turned their head to see a boy engrave 'RIP' into Heather's locker, only a few lockers down from where they were standing. Suddenly, Reyes felt two hands go over her eyes. 

"Guess who?"

"Hm, Madonna?"

Kate took her hand away from the Cruz girls eyes and stood in between her two friends. 

"Nope, it's the witch. Sarah Fier is back!" Reyes rolled her eyes at her friends antics, of course she would make joke about the witch.

"Oh Christ, not you too." Deena says. Reyes knew that Deena wasn't exactly rainbows and sunshine at the moment. She was heartbroken when Sam moved to Sunnyvale, Shadyside's rival town. But, she thought that the two would have made up by now. She had. She calls Sam at least four times a week to stay in touch, she didn't want to lose one of her best friends.

Kate laughed whilst dragging the two girls by their wrist into the girls bathroom. Reyes immediately saw the old witch's nursery rhyme written up on the cubicles. She used to be so scared that the witch was real when she was younger. One time she actually thought that the witch she in her house and ran all the way over to Kate's house. Turned out it was just faulty electricity.

"She reaches from beyond the grave, to make good men her wicked slaves!" Kate stated shouting the nursery rhyme whilst holding onto Reyes face. 

"She'll take your blood!" Reyes heard the familiar voice of Simon Kalivoda shout from a cubical stool.

"Simon!" Deena says whilst placing her hand on her chest. Scaredy-cat, Reyes thought. 

"She'll take you head. She'll follow you until your dead!" Simon flicked his fingers on Reyes nose once he finished his rant.