Panic

A week had passed, Billie-Joe was back in school and Gerard had his first day back.

We woke up to the alarm and got ready, getting out of the house as fast as possible as Gerard was running late for a meeting.

We got in and I gave Gerard a hug goodbye before going behind the gym for a cigarette.

I lit one and pulled out my earphones, putting on 'Rape Me' by Nirvana.

I smoked my cigarette and had just got to Nirvana's cover of 'The Man Who Sold The World' by David Bowie.

Hayley came round the corner and I took one of my earphones out so I could talk and listen at the same time.

"Hey." I smiled, giving her a hug.

"Hey. I gave Mikey an update last night. He wasn't happy that Billie-Joe's mom was such a bitch. I've never seen him like he was before." She said.

"Yeah we thought you'd tell him. Gerard actually thanks you because it saves him telling him." I chuckled, making her do the same.

We talked about the situation until Billie-Joe, Mike and Tre came round and we lit another cigarette before the bell.

When it did, we headed to homeroom and that's where Billie-Joe, Hayley and I simultaneously saw something horrifying.

Billie-Joe's mom...

"Oh fuck..." We breathed.

"Guys we'll see you in a sec. Billie-Joe and I have to go do something." I told Mike, Tre and Hayley.

They all nodded and Billie-Joe and I jogged over to his mom.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Billie-Joe asked.

"I can't take it anymore, Billie. What Scarlett and Mr Way are doing is wrong. I'm sorry but I'm telling the principal." She said.

My heart froze.

There was no way we could stop her when she was this far into the school...

"I need to go. I think I'm going to puke." I mumbled, running to the bathroom.

When I got there, I didn't even get the chance to lock the stall door before my breakfast rejoined me in the outside world.

When I was done, I cleaned up and flushed the toilet.

I texted Billie-Joe.

'Dude, what's going on?'

I headed to the remainder of homeroom as I waited for his reply.

I got said reply just as I sat down.

"Are you ok? You look like hell." Tre chuckled as I unlocked my phone.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, reading Billie-Joe's text.

'I'm sorry. There was no stopping her. You need to warn Gerard.' It said.

I immediately texted Gerard.

'Code red. Billie-Joe's mom's in school and she's telling the principal everything.'

The bell went for science and I told Hayley to tell Mr Iero that I wasn't going to be there.

I jogged over to Gerard's classroom and knocked.

"Mr Way, I need your help." I said to him.

He looked up from his phone. Clearly, he had just red the text.

"Uh... Class, I'll be back soon. Get on with your work." He said to his class of 11th graders.

He swiftly exited the classroom and closed the door.

"You need to go home." I told him.

"I have no one to cover my class." He replied.

"I'll deal with it. Just go home."

Gerard hesitated, but nodded.

He hugged me, out of the view of his class and kissed my forehead, before jogging down the hall.

I entered the class and went to the front of the class.

"Right guys, I'm Scarlett. Some of you may recognise me from 12th grade. Mr Way's had to leave on an important matter, so I'll go sort out a sub for you guys." I said.

"You're hot." One of the boys at the back called, chuckling with his friends.

I scoffed. "Grow up."

I left the classroom and went to Mikey's classroom, knowing he had a free class.

"Mikey, I need you to cover Gerard's class. Billie-Joe's mom's in school so I told Gerard to go home." I told him.

His eyes widened and he got up from his desk.

"You go to class if you're not going with him. I'll sort this." He said before running to Gerard's classroom.

I went to science, probably looking like Hell threw up a million corpses and molded them into one body.

"Sorry I'm late Mr Iero. I had some stuff to do." I panted, putting my bag down by Mr Iero's desk.

"That's fine, Scarlett. I just hope it was more important than this practical." He chuckled.

I smiled a small smile and helped him finish off the demonstration.

When the class was settled after the experiment, Mr Iero led me outside the room.

"Why were you late?" He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Billie-Joe's mom knows about Gerard and I and we managed to keep her quiet for a week but now she's cracked and she's in school so I had to go to Gerard's class and told him to go home and then I had to go and get Mikey to cover Gerard's class because I knew he had a free class and now I'm here and I'm so scared." I blurted.

Mr Iero looked horrified.

"Shit... Do you want to go too? You look stressed and it's not good for the baby." He said.

"No I'm fine." I told him. "I just need to do stuff to keep my mind off things."

He nodded and brought me back into the classroom to finish off the class.

When the bell went and we had Music, Billie-Joe, Mike, Tre and I headed there together.

I was stressed out and felt like I was going to pass out by the time we got into the rehearsal room.

"Guys I need to sit down." I panted, holding my ever-growing stomach.

Billie-Joe pulled me up a chair and I sat.

"What's wrong, Scar?" Mike asked.

"Just the pregnancy thing. I'll be fine."