The First.

Gerard and I had been back together three weeks and Gerard hadn't had a drop of alcohol.

I was so proud of him.

Today was my first scan and I was pretty nervous.

The baby was supposed to be the size of a grape and I had started showing the tiniest little bit.

"Are you almost ready?" Gerard asked, poking his head through the crack in the door.

"Almost." I repeated, pulling on my high-waisted leggings.

He came in fully and wrapped his arms round my waist from behind.

"I love you." Gerard whispered.

I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you too."

He kissed my neck before pulling away to sit on the bed, allowing me to finish getting dressed.

~~~~

We sat in the waiting room of the hospital, Gerard holding my hand.

"Are you nervous?" He asked, obviously noticing my shaking.

"Of course I am." I replied. "I'm about to see the baby growing inside of me."

He chuckled and kissed the back of my hand.

"It'll be amazing, I promise."

"Miss Scarlett Simms?" A nurse called from a doorway on the other side of the room.

I took a deep breath and got up, shortly followed by Gerard, who still had a reasonably tight hold of my hand.

We entered the room and I was asked to sit on the lounger in the centre of the room.

I complied and sat down.

The nurse, who had shoulder-length, dirty blonde hair and appeared to be in her mid 40's, smiled at me.

"Hello miss Simms, I'm Doctor Cassidy. I'll be doing all of the scans throughout your pregnancy." She smiled. "This is your first pregnancy, is that right?"

Oh shit... Time to be truthful...

"No... It's not. I fell pregnant a year and a half ago, but miscarried at 26 weeks." I told her, sadly.

She looked to me sympathetically, as I looked at Gerard in the corner of my eye, his hand releasing mine.

He looked devastated...

"Well I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what that must have felt like." Doctor Cassidy smiled sadly. "Now... After that 26 weeks, you must know how this goes. Could you lift your shirt up for me?"

I nodded and lifted my Misfits shirt up before pulling my leggings down to my lower hips, revealing my tiny bump.

"This is going to be cold." She chuckled, squirting the ultrasound gel on my womb area.

I flinched a little, forgetting how cold it was after all that time.

I wanted Gerard's hand back in mine, but it felt like that wasn't going to happen.

Doctor Cassidy pressed the paddle into my stomach and searched for the tiny life inside me.

I looked at Gerard who looked at me, sadly.

'I'm sorry.' I mouthed.

He just nodded.

I looked at the screen at the end of the lounger I was on and tears sprung to my eyes when I saw the tiny little ball in the centre of it.

"Gerard look." I breathed.

"That's our baby." I could hear the smile in his voice as he clutched to my hand again.

I was so happy...

"We'll just have to make sure everything's in order." Doctor Cassidy said.

I nodded and Gerard and I watched as the doctor and nurse did the check ups.

~~~~

When all the check ups were done, doctor Cassidy asked if I wanted to have a screenshot of the baby.

"Gerard?" I asked, turning to him for confirmation.

"Of course." He smiled.

We paid the $5 for the picture and had it printed off.

"Thank you doctor." I smiled as she handed it to me.

"We'll see you in a few weeks. Take care." She smiled as we left.

Gerard and I went back out to the car and drove back to his house.

We sat on the couch. taking in the silence, just staring at the photo of our baby.

"Move in with me?" Gerard asked.

I looked at him in shock at first, but then my mind settled.

It was the only thing I wanted to do.

"Ok."