【𝟶𝟶𝟹】 miles is acting strange

Start from the beginning

       Knowing that they were running late, they quickly ran towards their destination, dodging every obstacle that came their way. They had to get there in time if they didn't want to get in trouble. Nothing else mattered at that moment, not even the angry looks they were receiving from the other students. All that mattered was getting to where they had to be.

       Nova waved as she walked away, shouting, "I'll see you later!" over her shoulder. Gwen gave her a small smile before quickly diverting her gaze back to the front. As soon as she heard the sound of the bell, Nova's face dropped, and dread began to fill her, wishing it would never ring again.

       Her heart pounded as her feet pounded against the ground. She could feel the cold metal of the doorknob in her hand as she twisted it, desperate to walk away. With a click, the door opened, and all eyes were on her as she stepped into the classroom. Sweat beaded on her forehead as the silence grew thicker with each passing second. She felt her heart rate increase and her palms become clammy. She wanted to sink into the ground and disappear, but all she could do was stand there, frozen.

       "Ms. Ramirez, you're late," even though her body was filled with an overwhelming sense of anxiety, she couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed. Aware of the fact that she was late and didn't need to be reminded of it. "Really?! Here I thought I was early. Though, sorry I'm late, I had to deal with the fact that I had to see you again," she replied with a hint of annoyance in her voice and her eyes grew big. 'I did not just say that... I did,' she thought.

       "Funny," her teacher said, standing there with no expression on her face, "sit down." Nova rolled her eyes, walking towards the back to her desk. She could feel the heat of the student's eyes even without glancing up, her heart racing in her chest. She could feel the judgemental glares as if they were physical weights, crushing her from all sides. She took a few deep breaths as she sat down, attempting to clear her mind and focus on the task ahead. Yet, every time she closed her eyes and tried to relax, her racing heart and anxious thoughts kept her from finding the peace she desperately sought.

       Without knowing why, her mind was not paying attention to the lesson. Many emotions were running through her, from the desire to puke to the desire to hit something to the desire to sleep. A disfigured vision accompanied her dismay as if she were about to pass out any moment. Feeling a thud in her heart as the tingling sensation spread throughout her feet. The thought crossed her mind that this was happening again, and she gasped.

       Her mind was going crazy, and she wasn't able to control it. She could feel her palms becoming more sweaty, and her heart raced faster as she nervously rubbed her hands together. She was trying her best to stay calm, but the fear and anxiety were engulfing her. Nova felt her heart sink. She was dreading the thought of having to go through this again. She knew it would be hard, but she had to push through it. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself that she was strong and could handle whatever was thrown her way. But it seemed impossible.

       Then, she felt a hand on her. Glancing beside her, her eyes softened as she was met with a concerned Miles. Staring into him, she felt his hands stroke her tenderly, whispering sweet nothings to her. She felt his warmth and love radiating from him, and it was then that she knew that everything would be alright. "Shh, it's okay. Remember what we practiced. Breathe in," he continued speaking. Inhaling along with her, "breathe out." They both exhaled. As his words washed over her, she felt her body slowly relax. His presence was a soothing balm to her aching soul, and she felt her fear wash away with each passing breath. "I'm here with you."

       He smiled, feeling the warmth of her touch. He looked into her eyes, and for a moment, everything felt still. "You did great," Miles said softly, reassuring her with a smile. Nova gave him a small nod of appreciation, her lips curving up in a grateful smile. "Thank you," she whispered. He smiled, blushing slightly, but as he tried to take his hand off of hers, he realized it was glued to hers. He pulled again, but it didn't budge.