FIFTEEN.

"I'M JUST SAYING, TURKEY WOULD BE BETTER THAN AMERICA," Jadon shrugged, placing another gummy worm in his mouth. The group of friends was at Marcus' house, discussing where they were going to go for their post season holiday.

"Nah facts, who wants to be a tourist in fucking Miami?" Raheem added.

"We all know that Miami never ends well," Jesse concluded, turning his head to give a look to whatever imaginary camera was in the room.

"Anyways," Marcus chimed in. "You're forgetting some of us have kids, so we need a place that's kid friendly."

"Marcus, I don't know what you've been on lately but I'm like a hundred percent sure Turkey has kids," Jadon sassed.

"Jadon, shut up. You're only saying 'Turkey, Turkey, Turkey' because Cyrinne wants to go there." Jesse laughed.

"Okay and? What my girl wants, my girl gets."

"I know that's right," Cyrinne clicked her fingers, suddenly appearing out of nowhere and also scaring the men that sat in the living room. Following close behind her was Devyn with Tiana on her hip, seemingly half asleep.

Marcus immediately smiled upon seeing his two favourite girls, opening his arms as Devyn placed their daughter in them. As she was faffing about with Tiana, making sure her clothes weren't too tight, Marcus leant up a little to place a kiss to her cheek.

"Hey."

"Hi," Devyn smiled, returning his greeting. The two were pretty much in their own world as the rest of their friends were still discussing things.

"Was your day good?" Marcus asked as he moved over for Devyn to sit down next to him. She did so, clearing her throat at how she was a little too focused on him pulling on his chin hair.

"Mhm. We got a few bits for summer and went out for brunch."

Marcus nodded at her words, smiling when Tiana's hands brushed his lips. Recently she'd been picking up a habit of grabbing everything around her with great force, resulting in multiple pinch marks on Marcus' body.

"What were you guys even talking about?" Cyrinne asked as Jadon ran his hands over her legs that were placed in his lap.

"Where to go to for holiday," Trent answered. "And no one can stick to one idea."

"Aiya Napa?" She shrugged.

"No." was everyone's immediate response.

"What do we look like, teenagers?" Raheem laughed.

"I don't know, you still act like them..." Devyn suggested, earning a laugh from Marcus.

He was so engrossed in admiring her as he let his daughter chew on his finger, not even squirming when she but down quite hard. So engrossed in looking at Devyn that when the rest of them decided on Turkey as the destination, all he said was 'mhm'.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Jesse scoffed, throwing a pillow at Marcus but carefully so as to avoid hurting Tiana.

"Shut up," Marcus mumbled, fighting the flustered expression on his face as Devyn laughed to herself.

Though Devyn and Marcus may not have been able to see it themselves, everyone was rooting for them. And so was the universe, it seemed. All they needed to do was iron out the creases in their relationship, something that would take a lot of time for two incredibly stubborn people.

notes.
i am so sorry for abandoning this book
for almost two months.... 😀 double
update today i promise

also it's so hard to type w acrylics on
😥😥😥