TEN.

marcus.

marcus
hey dev :)
marcus
get ready by 2 i'm gonna take you out

devyn
🧍🏾‍♀️
devyn
and where was the four day notice...

marcus
you still do that? 😭
marcus
honestly, i would've told you
beforehand but i just remembered this

devyn
okay
devyn
what are we doing?

marcus
uh
marcus
getting some stuff for tiana's birthday

devyn
a bit early don't you think?

marcus
she changes her mind on what
she wants all the time, figured i'd get
what she listed so far 😄

devyn
fairs
devyn
are you driving?

marcus
yep
marcus
see you in a bit?

devyn
sure <3

it's not a job, it's a pleasure.

marcus
we're back in the game guys
marcus
she sent a heart 💪🏾

jadon
was it a heart? or was it a '<3'

marcus

bukayoLMAO

bukayo
LMAO

marcus
i'm working on my grind ok 😕
marcus
we're going out in a bit tho!

jesse
LIKE A DATE ?????

marcus
to me yes

dele
oh so that's a no?

marcus
um i told her we were going shopping
for tiana's birthday

bukayo
a bit early no?

marcus
that's what she said too :/

jadon
nothing like early planning
jadon
have fun, don't fuck up 💯
LIKED BY DELE AND OTHERS

"MARCUS SHE DOES NOT NEED A SUPER SOAKER," DEVYN SAID as her and Marcus walked around The Entertainer's toy shop, looking at possible things to get their daughter.

Marcus frowned as he put the water gun, that was as long as his arm, down. "It could come in handy in the summer," he replied.

"Yeah, if she can even hold it," Devyn laughed.

They kept walking through isles, Marcus grabbing small teddies and dolls that she could play with without hurting herself, considering her age and small body.

Devyn thought about buying her a few dolls, but after watching how Tiana scribbled across her cousin's dolls and knotted their hair, she decided against giving her a £30 doll.

"Next store?" Marcus offered, to which Devyn hummed in agreement.

Marcus would be lying if he said he was feeling calm. His hands were shaking a little and he kept slipping up on his words, much to his own annoyance.

He was beyond glad that Devyn agreed to spend time with him, even though he had to partially lie to get her out of the house and be seen with him. In fact, he was so elated that he didn't even bother to think about the possibility of someone taking photos of them and posting them, he just wanted to be here with her.

There was a lot of people in the town centre that day, and though Marcus had disguised himself 'well', people could still tell it was him what with his tall figure and United cap on his head. A few stopped for photos, and Devyn used that as an opportunity to either look around the store or watch Marcus interact with the fans.

Devyn had always admired Marcus' passion for his supporters, and how he always made time for them, even if he wasn't in the greatest mood. It was another reason why she fell in love with him.

It was nearing the evening, and Devyn was meant to be picking up Tiana from her mother's house, who seemed a little too eager to take Tiana for the day, but Devyn thought nothing of it. The two adults were making their way through yet another busy crowd as they headed for the car park.

Devyn got a little lost behing Marcus in the bodies that surrounded them, and Marcus couldn't feel her presence behind him like he always could. So instead of calling out for her, he simply turned around, a small frown on his face, and offered her his hand. She took it, joining their hands together as she let him guide her towards his car.

The moment was just like old times for them, the way Marcus' hand slotted perfectly into Devyn's, how his were warm and hers were slightly cold, how she felt secure in his grasp... Just like old times.

The car ride to Mrs. Parker's house wasn't that long, the two spent it humming along to the radio and making small talk, Marcus telling Devyn about an upcoming match of his, Devyn promising to dress Tiana in her full baby kit that he got her a while ago.

Before she stepped out of his car, she held her shopping bags in her arms and turned to face Marcus. "I had fun today," she smiled at him. He mirrored her expression, looking right at her as he smiled back.

"I'm glad you did, it's always better with you," he told her truthfully. Devyn couldn't contain the huge smile anymore, and looked away a but before tucking her hair behind her ear.

Almost as if something took over her, she leant forward and pressed a kiss to Marcus' cheek.

"Drive safe, Marcus."

He was lost for words. A simple kiss on the cheek had him a flustered mess. "Yeah... yeah, you too. I mean, thanks─── not you too. But you too, if you do decided to drive. Not that you will because I drove you here..." he mumbled the last part, wincing as he realised how silly he must've looked. Devyn chuckled at him, waving one last time as she shut his car door and walked up the steps to her mother's house, thinking about his earlier words as Marcus drove off.

It's always better with you.

─── notes.
i'm so single man.