Chapter 8: Part 2: Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Are you kidding me?!" she cries at him- smacking his arm hard. He hadn't seen her this pissed- or at least not this insanely mad at him in a while- and it takes him back a little.. she snatches his arm and tugs him forward- towards her- angrily, wanting an explanation- "You sent me with your sister for this?!" she demands- exasperatedly. "So you can have your own way- so you can get your fight... with them?!"

His brows lift up watching her, nose held up high, ready to defend himself... he pries his arm away- angered, hands coming down to rest at his hips trying to feign some confidence... Why should he have to convince her that he had the right to do what he had- that JJ deserved what he had coming- that Rafe needed to pay him back for what he'd done- pulling a gun to his head? He watches her sternly... eyes don't flinch from hers- taking her all in...reading what level of stubborn she'd been prepared to be for him to retrieve his gun back... his pulse is still raging and his heart burns- drumming fast, his head still dazed from his heated anger... His gaze lingers on her- not knowing how he'd get his gun back... he needed it back- he'd needed to finish off what had been started between him and the pogues- and it was firing up his veins- his pulse quickens again- picking up pace at an incredible rate... he breathes heavily and squeezes his eyes shut, rubbing his temple- his mind causing him havoc... when he opens his eyes again, he watches her furiously- taking a step closer- leaning in a fraction of an inch, breathing heavily. His height towers her, and he slides his hands into his pockets- watching her intensely, eyes swaying over her trying to understand why she thought she could take his gun off him like that... he wanted to show her his dominance...

"Ki." he rumbles. "What did you do? You can't just snap my gun out of my hands- do you know how fucking wrong that was of you- " he snaps, but then stops himself, biting back hard on his lip. "... give me my-gun back... now!" he orders- lifting his palm up for her to hand it back to him.

Ki's eyes follow his, unyielding- undeterred... her eyes flit over his sternly- determined he sees she wasn't going to give in to what he wanted.

"No." she responds back firmly, shrugging her brows at him- unmoved.

His hands clench and unclench at his sides, and his jaw flexs as he grinds his molars- looking away for a brief moment- trying to calm himself... somehow he needed to quell his anger... his lips tighten, his bottom lip pulled back beneath his teeth, cheeks staining red.

Agitated, he paces twice- running a hand over his buzzed hair with stress...

He doesn't know what he's going to do- how he'll win back control of the situation- it could end up potentially killing him if the pogues gained the upper hand... he was clearly outnumbered, and without his gun at his side he'd practically felt defenseless... but... JohnB's words echo in his mind- burns thoughts into his head, making him delirious with more indecision- causing his mind even more havoc... they were going to tear Ki away from him, and he can't let that happen... his pulse races and sears with something hot- trying to take control of him again... eventually, bringing down his anger a notch- he reaches a hand out- runs a gentle hand along her side whilst he controls his breathing... he hopes his touch could soothe her, hopes it could bring them to some sort of mutual understanding... maybe even a compromise... maybe she'd even give him back his gun eventually if he could just be gentle and explain things to her...

Ki's eyes trail over his- watching him sternly... her knees felt weak... the impact of all that had happened made her feel as though she could crumble apart... all the suspension making her heart weak- knowing if she hadn't reached them in time- she'd been minutes away from something fatal happening... she could never go through that again... her gaze flits over the bruises coming into form over his face- and even though she knows she shouldn't feel this way, she'd felt pained for Rafe... she hates seeing him this way, it physically hurts her- leaves her feeling anguished... the sight of all the cuts and scrapes on his face... the cuts on his lips... blood streaming down his forehead, smears of blood over his face... the cuts above his eye... the grazes along the line of his hair... the purple on his cheek bones...