Chapter 2x10: Closure

Start from the beginning

(Kitty studies with a boy, her literature tutor. Kitty is very focused on what he is explaining to her. Yuri appears at the library, but watches them from a distance. When Kitty raises her head, Yuri hides. Kitty looks around, confused, before returning to the explanation. Yuri looks at her again. Sees the guy congratulating Kitty. Yuri smiles, proud of her.)

(Finally, final exams begin. Kitty and Yuri say goodbye at the door of one of the classes they don't share. Kitty sends a text message to Yuri. "행운을 빕니다!" (haeng-un-eul bibnida!) Yuri smiles and kisses her, raising her fist in encouragement. It is distinguished that she says 화이팅 (hwaiting).)

(Later, they pass each other in the hallway and Kitty is smiling from ear to ear.)

KITTY: The last one.

YURI: (Excited) The last one. Let's go, Lee.

(In Professor Lee's class, they wish each other luck again with raised fists. Kitty looks at the test, focused.)

KITTY (Off): I can do this.

(Kitty starts writing really fast.)

(A few days later, Kitty and Yuri sleep peacefully in each other's arms in Kitty's room. No other noise is heard but their breathing. Knocks on the door bring them out of their dream. Confused and still asleep, they go to the door. Kitty opens the door, rubbing her eyes. Maddison, smiling, is behind the door.)

MADDISON: (Excited) The lists with the grades are already on the board.

(Kitty and Yuri wake up and follow Maddison down the hall. They reach the board. Yuri goes to it first and looks for her name.)

YURI: (Happy) Very good. It hasn't been too bad. Literature is the worst grade, but not bad. (Turns to look at Kitty and frowns) Is something wrong?

(Kitty is standing with a blank expression on her face, as if wondering what to do.)

YURI: (Taking a step towards her) Hey, what's up, my love?

KITTY: I'm scared. Should I look at my last grades at KISS?

YURI: You're going to have to look at them at some point, so I'd do it now.

KITTY: (Sighs) Okay. Let's do this.

(Kitty walks over to the board and tries to find her name on the list with her index finger. She starts at the bottom, because she doesn't think she'll be in the top ranks. However, as she goes up and can't find her name, she begins to worry. Finally, she finds "K. Song Covey" ranked above the middle of the list. Her eyes widen with surprise. Yuri, next to her, notices and smiles widely.)

YURI: Wow, Kitty! Nice notes! Good job!

(Yuri hugs her from the side. Kitty takes a step back, still taking in what she's seen.)

KITTY: I'm not a bad student. All the effort has been worth it.

YURI: That's right. I'm so happy for...

(Yuri can't finish the sentence when Kitty's lips touch hers. They kiss for a few seconds, when Kitty realizes where they are and pulls away.)

KITTY: I'm sorry, I got too excited.

YURI: (Smiling) Don't worry. I love kissing you.

(Yuri gives her one last peck. As they break it up and walk hand in hand to Kitty's room, they run into Juliana. Juliana gives them a small half smile, but she doesn't say anything to them. Kitty and Yuri smile at her and continue walking.)