3

I was up as early as 4 a.m. but I refused to move an inch from my bed. Did I know I was being childish? Yes, Did I know I was being unreasonable? Yes, Did I also know that I would get punished for it? Damn right I did- but I didn't care.

Around 7 a.m. a maid walked into my room at the request of my father.

"Your father asked me to get you for breakfast." She kept her eyes cast down to the ground.

I waited a full five minutes before making any effort to throw my blanket off my body. I then took an ungodly amount of time getting out of bed and slipping on my fuzzy pink slippers.

I was at the door when she cleared her throat. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes- I mean no."

"Good," I said as I threw open the door to my room.

I had barely taken a step out when she cleared her throat again. I turned to her with a raised brow and she swallowed deeply before speaking.

"Wouldn't you like to change first?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Not really, I am perfectly comfortable."

"Your father has guests over."

"Well I didn't know about any guests, so I think I look good." I looked down at my pink pyjama shorts and white tank top with the illustration of piglet from Winnie The Pooh, "Don't you think I look good? What's your name again?"

"My name is Ella, and I think you look beautiful Isabella."

I flashed her a smile, "Perfect then; take me to breakfast."

I made my way down to the living room. Giovanni, my father's consigliere saw me first. He is the only one amongst the three who isn't graying faster than they should. He was wearing a tailored black suit with a matching tie and I can bet that he is wearing a new pair of shiny black shoes. He is as vain as they come when it comes to his appearance.

He shook his head and I saw him mutter something under his breath. I can bet my kidneys that he is praying that this breakfast does not end in bloodshed.

Mario, the enforcer saw me next and I didn't miss the way his eyes raked over my legs and my breasts. He was also in a suit but nothing as nice as what Giovanni was wearing. I suppressed a shiver, he is almost my father's age, not to mention he is married, smells like a sewer, and has a belly that can rival a pregnant woman's.

Okay, maybe I am overreacting about the belly thing, but he does look like he is entering his second pregnancy trimester. That would be a good excuse for why he is always in a terrible mood and acts like a horny bitch.

"How nice of you to join us Isabella," Mario drawled and that is when my father saw me. His eyes darkened with anger and irritation. "Although; you don't seem to be dressed for the occasion, weren't you aware?"

"I wasn't aware that there was an occasion," I said, "I would like to say that you all look dashing in your tailored suits and ties, but I was under the impression that we were having a simple family dinner, like always." I said the last part with a hard look at my father. "The person sent to inform me must have forgotten to add that part. It won't happen again."

"Always be prepared," my father shrugged. "But seeing as you're already here; sit down so we can have breakfast."

I sat at my usual spot next to my father, which was unfortunately opposite Mario, and on the other side of the room. As I sat down, his foot came in contact with mine and I stepped on it as hard as I could- although I knew it would do very little harm considering I was wearing fuzzy pink slippers. Next time, I'll wear heels.