"I'm not." I mad a face like he could see me and TayTay started to laugh. "We ARE getting something to eat, i never said in the same city or state though." I said.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Missouri." I said. "Why are y'all looking for me anyways if i BEEN gone?"

"I got you some, big head ass lil girl." He said.

"You did? What you get me?" I asked.

"A bible, pray before you get home cause we jumping you get off my phone thot, love you." He hung up and my mouth dropped before i started laughing.

"They really mad i left." I laughed. "They want me to stay a homebody." I chuckled then i saw my dad was calling me. I talk to him every blue moon we don't have a close bond like that.

"You not gone answer that?" He asked.

"No, for what?" I said looking out the window. "He not gone do nothing but act like he got authority over what i do when he don't. I'm literally my parent's calmest child, he got other stuff to worry bout." I said.

...

HOT ROLLS
HOT ROLLS

"Catch one for me TayTay." I said. After waiting for a table once we got here we were finally seated and served wit our food.

"Why yo' flicted ass can't catch it—you just answered yo' own question." I cut him off and the waiter was getting closer.

HOT ROLLS

He yelled and Taytay kissed his teeth before reaching up and catching the hot roll the waiter threw and giving it to me.

"Thank you." I smiled putting it on my plate.

"You aggravate me, we came all the way to missouri to a restaurant just for you to get chicken tenders and fucking fries." He said.

"So, you love me though." I shrugged picking up my phone. "Damn i got miss calls from all my brothers and my mama." I said.

"They just checking on you probably." He said.

"Back to back though? Imma call Zay back." I said going to his contact.

"Hello—Reign you need to come home." He said.

"Okay, what's wrong why you sound like that?" I put my chicken tender down and I heard screaming in the background.

"Is that mama screaming? Zay what's going on?" I asked feeling my heart dropped. "TayTay we gotta go now." I said and he flagged down the waiter with no questions asked.

"Just get home Reign i can't tell you over the phone." He said.

"Okay." I said before hanging up. My nerves were getting so bad at this point and the fact that i was more than two hours away from home wasn't helping.

After the waitress came TayTay paid and I left a tip before we left and got back on the road. The whole time i was just quiet thinking the worst. I was just silently praying in my head with my eyes closed.