Losing Sense Of Time And Space

Months after, NL
Weeks and weeks had passed, I lost the matter of time at that point.
I was living my life normally but I couldn't help admitting that the streets of Amsterdam never looked so sad.
Everyday I felt like there was something missing.
I tried to move on but there seemed like no way out of those feelings.

To that effect I refused to message her, we didn't exchange a word after our goodbye, which hurt me a little. I only watched her Instagram stories just like she watched mine. Though, no conversation happened between us since then.
Our fans still posted about how badly they missed seeing us together. I felt the same, I really did.

I was drowning myself in my work to forget about it, writing and producing songs.
Eventually, every word of every verse ended up about her.
There was really no way out.

"What are you thinking about?"- Julia sat by my side on the piano.

I shook my head and took my hands off the piano- "Stuff."

"It's her again, isn't it?"

"Yea."- I stood up abruptly and sighed.

"No, no, no. Come back here."- she grabbed my arm.- "You need to talk to her."

"You gotta be kidding."- I rolled my eyes.- "If she didn't message me then I won't be the one doing it."

"Did you stop to think she could be saying the same thing?"- she crossed her arms.

"She told me if it was meant to be then we'd meet again, I won't force anything."

"Fine, do whatever you want. I warned you."- she got up and left the room.

I sat by the piano again, bringing my hands to my head, wondering what I was supposed to do.
My heart was broken and I was the main responsible for it.

Some days after, I was scrolling through my Instagram and I head something about an announcement.
As I clicked on the link, the world stopped around me.
After all that time without having a glimpse of her in my life, there was finally a chance for us to meet again. Loreen was coming to Amsterdam soon.
I wondered if that was the sign I had been looking for.

Without taking any impulsive decision, I chose to think for as long as it was necessary.
After minutes walking around and burning brain cells, I decided to send her a message.
With my shaky hands, I clicked on the "send" button.

Only five minutes passed and my phone buzzed.
"Yeah I'll be there next month. Maybe we could meet?"- she wrote as an answer.

I just remember I closed my eyes and felt a warm on my heart, was that what faith felt like?
I was just so grateful the universe brought us together again.

After a month, she was knocking on my door.
I ran downstairs quickly and opened it for her, it made me nervous to see her after so many months.

The first thing she did when she laid eyes on me, was taking off her glasses, I couldn't help but let a tear fall. She remembered.
Then proceeded to push me inside my house, closing the door behind her while grabbing the back of my neck to kiss me hard.
Apparently, she missed me as much as I missed her.
I melted into the kiss and I'm sure if she wasn't holding me I'd have fallen.

"Don't you ever fucking leave without me again."- I whispered, giving up on fighting back my tears.

"Then don't ever let me go."- she held my cheek.

"I wish I didn't, it was my biggest mistake."

"I knew we'd meet again, I really believed."

Realizing both our songs were related to us was also so beautiful.
I wrote about finding love in an unexpected and hopeless place and how it can heal. It represented our present and past, while Loreen wrote about our future.
The music knew we'd meet again and we would find our way to each other. It really knew before we had a slight idea.

"I brought you something."- she added, taking off a small box of her jacket and giving it to me.

I frowned and gently opened it, it was a silver necklace with a beautiful crystal on it.
Attached to the cover, there was a small letter written by her:

"Dearest Ava,
It has been countless months since I haven't seen your face.
Feeling you close to me is what I wish forward the most.
I wrote you messages after messages but none seemed able to describe everything I was feeling. Maybe sending them would have been better but for some reason I was afraid of doing it.
For now, I'm sitting in the nature, trying to find answers to my questions, maybe it will tell me what to do.
I hope this crystal I bought gives you all the happiness, creativity and protection in your life, always keep it close to you and you'll feel at home.
I'm wishing that this letter will one day fall into your hands.
With love, Loreen"

"Loreen..."- I looked at her, my eyes completely foggy from the crying.
I couldn't form any words so I jumped into her arms.

"Did you like it, sweetheart? I actually wrote it some time ago when I was feeling very lost."

"I absolutely love it, really! Thank you so so much."

I was going to ask her if she wanted to put it on me but it would be easier if I put it on myself.
"You still got those nails?"- I laughed, still with tears in my eyes.

"I'm still doing my job, you know."- she smiled.

"Fortunately, that's why you came here."

"Oh, also! I'm flying to Belgium tomorrow, wanna come with me?"

"Really?"

"Yeah and we'll see what happens next, my tour is just now starting."- she winked.

"Well, I think you've convinced me!"- I wrapped arms around her and kissed her lips.
Then quickly ran upstairs to prepare my bags, I'd be leaving for a long journey with her tomorrow.