25

"You know he doesn't really want you." My head snapped and I looked at Brooke. "He thinks he does but as soon as high school ends he'll leave and find someone better,prettier,and cooler than you."
"Shutup."
"Why,why deny it when you know it. Do you know how much heartbreak you can save if you kill yourself?" She sneered at me. "We wouldn't miss you." I jumped up. "Why do you hate me so much? Why?"
Her face hardened. "Because your the reason dad left mom. You made us poor. You made him cheat." She slapped me hard but I didn't move because I knew it was true. "Leave bitch ."
I grabbed my mom's car keys and drove as close to it as I could then I climbed to my favorite spot. The fall would kill someone. But someone couldn't fall unless they intentionally jumped. If I could just- No I made a promise to James. But it hurt to much. Out of my wallet I pulled out a blade and slit my thigh. I winced. It hurt to walk sometimes.

Ding! I grabbed my phone.
"Babe where are you? Your mom called Matthews dad who called me."
"Trying to get happy." I replied."
He didn't answer and I sighed. He's probably done with my negativity. I heard footsteps and turned. "Eden babe are you ok?"
"You remembered?"
"I always remember. Is everything fine." He grabbed my waist to pull me close and I winced. Trying to hide it I bit my lip and nodded. "Peachy keen." He stared into my eyes. "James do you like me?"
He nodded. "Of course a lot."
"How much?" He frowned. "I like you more than than the Divergent series and the fault in our stars love."
"I like you a lot too please don't hurt me." He hugged me. "Did your sister tell you that. I would never hurt you."
I lay back in his arms. I didn't know how much longer I could take this.