15. Oarburgh Clan

Start from the beginning

"A girl aren't supposed to be with a man. Don't you get it?" Reminds Merraid and she keeps toying Taeko.

Hearing her words makes Kurome, Poney, Cornelia, and Tatsumi confused.

"Ngghh...Ngghh...Nngah...Wait..." Begs Taeko.

"I taught you about 'The True Path of Happiness' but you taught them the path of damnation! Why? Is my teaching useless to you?" Asks Merraid to Taeko.

"Yes, It is." Answers Barbara.

"Barbara. With all of my respect, I am talking with Taeko." Says Merraid to Barbara.

"And what is 'The True Path of Happiness'?" Asks Tatsumi.

"Silence! A man like you won't understand the meaning of 'The True Path of Happiness'!" Says Merraid to Tatsumi. 

"That's why I need an answer. Anyway, slow but sure you'll break my back." Says Tatsumi to Merraid. "Wait. Don't tell me that 'The True Path of Happiness' is lesbian act!" Guesses Tatsumi.

Instead of waiting inside the inn, Sheele and Leone are waiting inside the alley near Virgo Inn.  Leone takes a peek to Virgo Inn to make sure that the boy named Tatsumi and his friends return while Sheele leans on the wall.

"I must admit. I am surprised to know that Kurome, Poney, and Cornelia defected from the Empire. They were well known for their loyalty toward the Empire. Still, I am happy to hear that. They realized the truth and now they're safe and out from danger." Says Leone.

"You think so? "There are three important things that you must know. First, some of them are too loyal for example Tsukushi." Says Sheele.

"You forget about Kurome, Poney, and Cornelia, don't you? They were well known for their loyalty toward the Empire but after knowing the truth, they defected. It means that Tsukushi can be saved to. So, the first thing won't be a big deal." Says Leone.

"Second, the Empire will hunt them down after knowing that they defect from the Empire." Says Sheele.

"Better than join the Empire." Says Leone.

"Third, the leader of Revolutionary Army Our leader doesn't know the name 'former' so he will kill everyone who is a member of Empire even for the former or defect. He also doesn't like Night Raid because Najenda, Bulat, and Lubbock are there. Nemesis and Band of Valkyries will also hunt them down to." Says Sheele.

"Aaaahhh...I see...but that's why we are here. To help them and save them." Says Leone.

"Sometimes, death is mercy. There is a situation where killing can make things better. Trust me."  Says Sheele.

"Well...I guess that you aren't wrong at all." Admits Leone. "By the way, Tatsumi and company still haven't come back. It's been a while, you know?" Says Leone when she still looking at Virgo Inn. Then she looks at Sheele. "You stay here, I'll be back for you." Orders Leone to Sheele.

"What are you doing?" Asks Sheele.

"I want to play detective game." Says Leone when she looks at her belt which is her Imperial Arms.

After playing with Taeko and torturing Tatsumi, Merraid stops teasing Taeko and she stands up. Taeko is blushing and the color of her cheeks are red like tomato. Tatsumi wakes up and then he rubs his back and feels his back hurt.

"You're really heavy..." Says Tatsumi and then Merraid stares at Tatsumi. Taeko quickly covers his mouth using her right hand.

"Don't say that to Merraid." Whispers Taeko.