Shattered

Missions had kept Crosshair away for the better part of three weeks, and you were consoled only by the sparse messages that occasionally pinged on your datapad. Neither of you were one to send mushy confessions of yearning and fawning, so the thread was an almost comical collection of life updates peppered with a little innuendo. But tonight, finally, he would be back on Coruscant, hopefully for a few days depending on whether or not he was immediately shipped off again. You'd take what you could get.

You'd asked if you could plan the date, and Crosshair had agreed, with the inarguable stipulation that it would not involve anything that was dangerous, adventurous, or related to Mel in any way. The hint of warmth underlying it all made you even more excited to see him, and you resolved to do everything in your power to enjoy a calm evening with no extra excitement or obstacles whatsoever. The restaurant you'd selected had been mostly an excuse to see him dressed up again, but it was also a wonderfully dim, quiet, peaceful place in an otherwise bustling part of town. You opted for the classic little black dress, although yours was fitted to the knees, had long sleeves, and highlighted the curve of your spine with the fabric draping over your shoulders, down to your waist in a long U shape. It was completely backless, so you made sure to bring your cozy jacket for the trip there and back, and you were feeling a little ambitious, so you pulled on black high heels that fastened at the back of your ankle with a ribbon bow.

When the doorbell rang, you clattered over to it as quickly as you could, opening it with more enthusiasm than you planned. There stood Crosshair, wearing that long black coat that you found so attractive over a button-up shirt that was such a dark purple it almost looked black as well. With a simple belt buckle sitting above dark-washed jeans, he had struck the perfect balance between dressy but not overdone. And it all complimented his silver hair so well... You stepped forward, arms open for a hug, and leaned your cheek against his as he wrapped his arms around you. The heels were a nice boost to see him at a different level than usual.

"So you promised a relaxing, stress-free date, then asked me to get all dressed up?" he teased, offering you his arm once you'd grabbed your bag and jacket in one arm and closed the door behind you.

"Guilty as charged," you admitted, tucking your arm through his. "You just make it look so good." The rumble in his chest betrayed his flattered response, and as you turned around while entering the lift, his eyes roved across your back. When he saw you catch him staring, his eyes slid back to yours without moving his head at all. "You like it?" you asked, heart skipping a beat at his smoldering gaze.

He didn't answer for a second, instead reaching a hand out and tracing a feather-light caress from your neck to your waist, seeming to relish every inch. Your stomach tightened, pulse picking up, and when he reached the bottom, he pressed his hand against your lower back, turning to face you and pulling you against him. The other arm reached for your face, cupping it as he kissed you deeply, thumb grazing your cheekbone. He lingered, tilting his head and sliding his hand around to the base of your neck, until the lift dinged and the doors slid open. A handful of teenagers were waiting outside, and had a variety of vocal opinions when they saw the two of you.

"Yeah dude, get it!"

"Ugh, get a room!"

"Is that her dad?"

"Tall boy's got the rizz."

You pulled away, too warm and fuzzy from his affection to be peeved, and gave the kids a smile as you crossed paths. "I'll take that as a yes," you said, answering your own question for him.

* * *

An impeccably-suited host greeted the two of you upon entering, looking up your reservation and escorting you to a table in the center of a large room that could have been a ballroom under a past owner. It had ornate pillars, large murals, and a variety of neatly pruned plants that gave it a pleasing aesthetic. Candles flickered on every table beside leather bound menus and golden utensils, and the gentle lighting combined with the faint music made it even more peaceful.

Sharp Edges: Crosshair x Reader [NSFW]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें