Chapter Thirty- Seven

Start from the beginning

" I told you I'd use whatever means to get in touch with you," When I heard his cold voice from the other end I felt my muscles tense.

"W-what-."

"Ssshhh, ssssh," he cut me off. " Act natural my dear. You wouldn't want your friend's day at the beach to be cut short. "

My breath got caught up in my chest and I began to look around wondering how he knew we were here.

"Are you okay Sayd?" Bailey asked me.

"Go on, answer to your friend," He said through the phone call.

"Yeah, fine," I tried to act as naturally as I could. " Just the library assistant calling. "

"Good, now tell them you'll be meeting me at the coffee shop in the next thirty minutes."

" Says who?" I mumbled into the phone knowing he'd hear me anyway.

"Me," he said boldly.

I immediately hung up the phone and stared at it.

This was just perfect. He had been blasting my phone for the past week. At first, I thought he just wanted to instil fear in me and so I didn't give him the pleasure and ignored him. But things had just taken a sudden turn and now he was throwing threats.

I told the girls that I had to meet up with the head librarian to draft up a contract and went back into the house to put on some clothes.

I wasn't sure which coffee shop he was talking about, there must have been more than ten of them but I went to only one I knew would be crowded at this hour. If he was going to show up then I wanted it to be here where I was sure he wouldn't kidnap me. I chose to sit on one of the empty tables outside because then if he would try to do anything funny I would just scream my lungs out and have people come to my aid or just make a run for it.

When I sat down I ordered an expresso for my nerves and drank it all down as I waited for him to show up. I started to consider how stupid it was for me to have come here. I could be walking into a trap for goodness sake. What on earth was I doing? I thought about how I could have handled this better, maybe called Kace to let him know what was going on. Who did I think I was meeting him in person?

" Excuse me," I felt a hand tap my shoulder twice which made me jerk in my seat and spill my expresso on the table.

I looked up at a waitress wearing a long apron looking as shocked as I was.

"I'm sorry ma'am, " she said taking out a napkin and cleaning the table. " I just wanted to ask if I could get you anything else. "

"I'm sorry. I was just lost in thought for a little bit there" I said feeling embarrassed. " And yes, another expresso would be nice. "

" Okay," she said and went back inside the shop. Shortly after I heard someone up behind me and before I could look at them he leaned down and spoke close to my ear.

" I scare the daylights out of you guys, don't I ?" he walked around pulled out the chair across me and sat down.

"Hello dear," he said with a straight smile plastered on his face.

There I was staring at Zaynab right in his face. The person who was once upon a time a potential friend, but is now a nightmare. If a nightmare looked like a gorgeous man dressed in all black from head to toe then he fit the description perfectly. I thought about the time he turned into a wolf in front of me and chased me through the woods and goosebumps appeared on my skin all over again.

When he noticed I wasn't responding to his greeting called the waitress and ordered a cup of coffee too.

"Nostalgic isn't it?" He said " Us meeting at a coffee shop. "