Prologue

PROLOGUE

    It was a very hot day in the month of May in China, especially in Shanghai. Andrew Henderson, the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Henderson, who own the largest antique gallery in town, was making his way to the crowd. He didn't bring his motorbike that's why he was having a hard time to commute. Andrew can't wait no more and cross the street, going to the other side of the road, wishing that a taxi would stop before him. A woman rushed before him, then everything went black. Everything was very fast that he never knew exactly what happened, but as he open his eyes, one thing is for sure, a woman is lying in the road, drowning on her pool of blood.

    Many people start to surround them. Some of them call for a police and ambulance. Andrew feel numb. He kneel before the woman and tries to carry her, but the woman stop him and speak in mandarin that she wants a priest. Andrew immediately asked if there are any priest around. Luckily, a man in holy cloth approach, his name was Father Matthew, a priest from France who is having a vacation in the place. Father Matthew approach the dying woman. The woman asked for blessings and forgiveness. The priest followed her. Andrew was drown in the situation. He saw the woman smiling even though she is almost gurgling her own blood. Many people who saw it cried; some were devastated for the late response of the ambulance; some just wanted to take photo of it using their phones.

    People start to disappear after the ambulance came and take the woman in the hospital. Andrew was stunned on what happened that he was left with the priest and the policemen examining the crime scene. The police keep asking him about the incident, but he can't response because he's still shocked on the things that happened. Father Matthew speak on his behalf on what happened. After the questioning of the police, Father Matthew invited him to take a seat on a nearby bench. They both sat beside each other. Father Matthew speak to him.

    "I know son, that everything went so fast, but believe me, God has a purpose of taking her away," Father Matthew said as he put his arm in the young man's shoulder.

    "I don't understand, Father, why do people need to suffer on these kinds of things? Could just God give us paradise? If he really loves us, why give us tears? Why give us hardship? Why give us fears? Why not a perfect life?!" Andrew start to cry. His tears flow seems endlessly. He try to cover it with his own hands, but it seems it can't be.

    Father Matthew didn't immediately reply but he reach for his pocket and bring out a golden rosary.

    "My son, find the answers to your questions. If you find it," and he put the rosary on the palm of Andrew, "You will know the reason why" and Father Matthew left him.

    Andrew can't understand. Those words seems like depths. He just look at the priest at it steadily walks away from him, in a very slow manner until he vanishes before his eyes. He inhales and looks at the rosary. It was shining bright as the sun's rays hit it. Andrew left the scene and went to the place he knew he will find the answer.

***

UPDATE: 12/18/15

Guys, I know this part is in a fast move, should I say. But I didn't updated this story for month or even a year, so basically there's a load of grammatical errors to the pace of the story. So I would like to apologize in advance if ever you'll cringe because of it. I don't really edit my stories because I have the tendency of changing the whole thing. But let me fine tune it for you.

However, have a good day and enjoy this story I've made. :)

_tagalog_