Chapter Three: So, who are you?

        "Sh*t!" the only word that slip out from his mouth. Andrew took another look in his pockets. None. His grandmother, Elsa, gave him a quick look, but immediately put her focus in what she's sewing. They're in the living room, doing their own things. Currently, Andrew was obviously looking for something. A while ago, he was just lying on the sofa with no problem at all, then without a word, he's like a crazy idiot searching for something in his pockets.

"What is it, Andrew?" asked Elsa as she finishes sewing, "Did you lost something?"

"Yep," Andrew answered, still checking his pockets and the sofa he's been lying on, "A really important one."

Elsa approached the young man, "What is it? Maybe I could help?"

Andrew sighed, "It was the golden rosary that the Mandarin woman gave me."

"Oh my!" Elsa gasped. She knew how Andrew valued it. She may not be sure of what change happened to Andrew with that rosary or the accident that happened with it, but she's only sure that the golden rosary is his most prized possession.

"I would kill myself if I'm not able to find it," Andrew muttered as he check below the sofa.

Then suddenly someone knocked at the door. Andrew got up and pat his pants to remove the dirt that stuck on it. Elsa was about to move towards the door when Andrew stopped her.

"Let me open it, Grandma," he said as he held over the door knob. 

As he open it, a familiar image flash before him. His eyebrows met. He didn't expect it.

"Persia," his voice trembled because of his annoyance.

Then the lady raise something in front of him. Very Familiar. Andrew's heart glow.

"You accidentally drop this golden rosary in the shop," Persia said, her voice really humbling. Her very accent make it really kind but charismatic. However, Andrew wouldn't fall for it.

Without any gratitude, Andrew took it away from her and was about to slam the door when Elsa join in the conversation.

"Hi Persia! Did Ting Yi send you here?" asked Elsa as she gave her a bright smile.

Persia smiled in return, "Yes, I am here to deliver these books you requested from the shop yesterday." Persia start to unload the books from her back pack to the floor. 

"That would be all, Ma'am," and Persia bowed. She slowly left the house to the yard until she vanishes in the corner.

"Such a fine woman," Elsa sighed as she start to carry the books.

"What? Fine woman? Do you even know that person is?" Andrew cocked. He snatched the books from his grandmother and was the one to place it on the oak table in the middle of the room.

"Yes, she's an immigrant from Russia. She's a lovely girl, ain't she? And what do you mean that I don't know her? Don't you remember her? She always visit here in the house to deliver supplies from Ting Yi's shop,"

Yes, I remember her in Lin's party. That slutty woman, Andrew said in his mind. He feels awkward to share it to his grandmother.

___________________________________________

         Divine counted the seconds that passed. For her, it seems every tick of the clock is forever. She clasped her hands and strongly closed her eyes. She kneel before the altar inside the chapel of the hospital. 

Dear God, How should I put this? How should I tell my brother about the lost of his people? He would be really sad. I don't want him to be troubled anymore. What should I do?

Her prayer was cut short when someone kneel next to her. She opened her eyes and looked at the person. Her eyes were delighted but at the same time... showed a great weakness of fear.

"Divine," her brother's voice almost echoed around the chapel, "Would you care to share the prayer with me?"

Divine burst into tears. Kelp immediately embraced his sister. He softly caress her head and let her buried her face in his chest. It was a moment that Kelp already realized what was wrong. Tears immediately race on his cheeks.

_______________________________________

        Andrew yawned. He was with his friend Lin Xiao. They're currently having a movie marathon at his house. The movie they're currently watching is an old chinese film, but they decided to watch it anyway because of the unique story line. 

"Hmn... You're sleepy," commented Lin Xiao, who was actually observing from his side.

Both of them are slouching in Andrew's bed. Andrew felt so comfortable that anytime he could sleep, leaving Lin Xiao to watch the film alone. He gave Lin Xiao a grumpy face and turn back watching the film. The movie may be in black and white, but the light coming from the TV flashes in their faces with the light in the room turn off.

"You could say that I'm sleepy. Why do you care?" Andrew replied late as he positioned himself between the pillows behind him.

"No, it's just a comment," Lin Xiao suddenly spoke in Mandarin, "But I want to tell you something interesting."

"Go on, I'm listening," Andrew blinked his eyes.

"Do you remember the woman at my party that I tried you to hang out with?"

"Ah... that slutty woman... what's her name again? Oh I remember, Persia," Andrew grimace.

Lin Xiao looked at Andrew, pleasantly surprised, "You remember her name?! That's superb! Anyway, don't you know, she kept visiting me these past days?"

"So the hell if I care?"

"You should be. She keep asking me about you!" and the Chinese man laughed in a hysteric manner.

Andrew eyes popped. His jaw dropped. 

What the...

_______________________

        Elsa was helping the maids fixed up the dinner table. It's been half an hour since they finished eating dinner, but it was only now that they decided to finally fixed it up. In the corner of her eye, she saw a lean man walking down the staircase. She looked at him. The man bowed to her.

"Oh, Lin Xiao, you're going home?" Elsa asked in Mandarin with her obvious American Accent.

"Yes Madam Elsa. Don't worry Andrew is fast asleep upstairs. I'm going now," and he gave her one last bow before leaving the house.

        Upstairs, Andrew was blankly staring at his room's ceiling. The words that Lin Xiao said keep echoing in his mind. Suddenly his window burst open. It was the wind. The white curtains dance with the blowing air coming inside his room. His lights might be turned off, but the bright full moon outside, give him the light he need to see around. He was about to close his windows when suddenly someone hold his hands. He looked by his side. It was a man in white glowing dress. He couldn't see his face.

"Andrew, remember me?" the man asked.

Andrew was stunned but still able to reply, "Wh-who are you? And how the hell you got here?"

He saw that the man's mouth moved. He wasn't able to understand it. And before he knew it, he fainted as his world goes black.

__________________________________-

Updated! Leave any comments below and give it a star.