15. Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Start from the beginning

"Bye baby." He said sadly forcing a smile at me, before he walked away along with their manager.

I'm not gonna lie, it stung a little that he didn't say it back, but what can I do. I cant force him to say something, that he may very well not quite feel the same about.

I watched him walk away, and onto the plane through the window.

I slid down the wall of the airport, bring my knees close to my chest.

I don't know what this means for us, that was the last time, I'm gonna see him until July. I just pray to god we'll make it through.

-

Hours later and I wound up at a club.

No I didn't go here on my own, if anything I was dragged here. Liliana brought me here in attempt to cheer me up, but also she didn't wanna come here alone.

I honestly wasn't in the mood to go dance in a tightly packed sweaty club, so I sat at the bar while Lili did her thing.

I love Lili to death, but she was more on the groupie side. Which is what worked for her, no judgement here. She just kinda did what she wanted, and never settled down simply because she couldn't see herself doing so.

"Can I get another shot?" I asked the bartender, resting my chin on my palm.

"Sure thing, what do you want hun?" She questioned with a sense of pity. Was I really that obviously upset?

"I don't care, just something strong." I mumbled.

She gave me a side smile, and walked away.

"What's up with you?" A familiar voice chuckled from behind me.

I turned my head back to see Dave. God is he just fucking everywhere now?

"nothing." I muttered dryly.

His facial expression shifted to being more concerned, as he sat down next to me.

"Hailey, what's wrong?" He questioned, looking at me intently.

I know I probably shouldn't be talking to him, but I just wanted the company right now. All my friends along with my boyfriend are on the other side of the country, and Liliana's having fun so I don't wanna drag her mood down along with me.

I sighed heavily, turning my body to face his, "Kirk left today." I said quietly.

"Ah." He cringed at the mention of Kirks name. "Well he's in a band he's gonna go on tours, we all do." He said with blunt change of attitude.

I only shrugged in response.

"Here hun I just got you a drink, you seem like you need it." The bartender said smiling at me.

I silently thanked her, before she nodded and walked away.

"So what else is bothering you? 'Cause I have a feeling it's more than that." Dave questioned, taking a sip of his drink.

I might as well just rip the bandaid off. Dave won't stop asking until I tell him.

"I told him I loved him," I mumbled quickly.

Dave's eyes went wide, and choked on his drink.

"You what?" He stared at me, still coughing.

"I told him I loved him and he didn't say it back." I said bluntly, taking a sip of my drink.

"Sounds familiar, huh Dave?" I said partially joking. I felt like being a smart ass right now, might've been the alcohol, but oh well.

He glared at me briefly, before shaking his head to himself.

"I'm sorry that happened Hails." He said as he reached over and gave me a side hug.

I quickly downed the rest of my drink, "It's alright, maybe he just doesn't feel the same way." I shrugged sadly.

"He's a fucking dumbass if he doesn't." Dave stated, pulling me further into the hug, and rubbing my arm in an attempt to comfort me.

Again I only shrugged.

"Want me to take you home?" He asked looking at me.

"I cant leave Lili here." I turned to look up at him.

"It's fine I'll take the fall. You don't need to sit here all night and drink yourself away." He said standing up.

I followed his actions, by attempting to stand up, only to stumble to floor. Oops.

"Exactly my point." He chuckled as he reached down to pick me up.

He put his arm around my shoulders again, helping me stay standing up.

He held his hand out to me, I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"Keys." He demanded.

I rolled my eyes and dug my keys out of my pocket. I dropped them into his hand and made my way over to the passengers side.

"Dave if you wreck my car I swear to god." I slurred my words, glaring at him.

"Relax Romano, It'll be fine." He chuckled as he pulled out the parking lot.