[5. Short Tale]

Začať od začiatku

You savored the calm atmosphere, listening to the water trickle down from the river, and feeling the breeze caress your face.

The book has gorgeous dark red coloring and gold trim around each edge, giving it a really intriguing appearance from the cover.

All of a sudden, you sensed a presence on top of you as an elegant voice spoke, "Would you like me to read it for you?"

You giggled, tilting your head upwards to see your grandmother hanging upside down on a branch next to you.

"I'm not a kid anymore, grandma." You replied, closing your sketch book so she couldn't see what was inside. Meanwhile, Yuzhou executed a graceful flip and landed on the ground perfectly, as if she were not a hundred years old.

"I can read on my own."

"And yet, you want to read a fiction book."

Yuzhou smirked as she slyly removed the book you had intended to read from your grip without your permission.

Abruptly, you gasped dramatically and put your palm on your chest, "Hey! Age is not a factor if you want to read fictions!! Wait a minute... Where's the-"

Yuzhou remarked, giving one of the cockiest grins you've ever seen from her.

"It's right here."

She showed the book, which was already firmly in her grasp. She then twirled it around with one finger like a basketball before the book opened to the first page by itself, landing neatly on the palm of her hand.

"Now, let your youthful grandmama narrate you an old-fashioned story," Yuzhou cracked a grin, patting your head until it became tangled, causing you to groan and shove her hands away like usual.

"I swear, could you please stop messing up my hair?!" You protested and trying your best to fix it until you believed it was already tidy, "I'm going to meet someone after this, you know?"

Yuzhou's only response is a playful eye roll, "You want to impress MK boy so desperately, huh? Until you start to care about how you look, despite the fact that he has seen you wake up with disheveled hair all the time."

"W-WHAT?!" You screamed loudly at her words. An extremely strong wind was blasting out of you and the birds around you had flew away.

Although she is correct, how did she know you're going to meet up with MK?

You felt heat rise to your cheeks, automatically covering your face with your hands to escape more teasing from grandmother.

"You know what? Just tell me the story."

"Hoorayy!!"

Yozhou's tails wagging in excitement as she went to sit by your side with a grin on her face.

When she acts like this, she reminds you of a Golden Retriever. They have one similarity and that is frequently energetic, especially around the people they care about.

Yuzhou is simply thrilled that she was able to spend time with her granddaughter. Over the previous few months, you two become busier. With her on vacation, the two of you hardly ever spoke. Even when you tried to tell her about your day, she would just shut you out completely.

That irritated you, but how could you stay enraged? After all, she is your grandma. She deserves a vacation from all the chaos that has been happening.

"Now..." Yuzhou began in a more tranquil tone than previously, "Allow me tell you about the story of a despair love story."

"Oh man. Angst?" You blurted out, but Yuzhou's death stare made you shut your mouth again.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful empress."