[10. The Shadow]

"See you tommorow, Pigsy!"

With a smile, you waved your hands. Without waiting for an answer, you dashed towards the exit to return to your apartment, where you could finally rest and fall asleep. Perhaps spent some time talking with MK as well, considering that he temporarily stayed at your place now while his bedroom was being fixed.

Your shift at Pigsy's just ended, and now all you want to do is rest.

No criminals, no mad things. At last at ease.

A shuffling sound could be heard while you were sprinting past an alley that you didn't care for.

"That's sus." You muttered to yourself as you halted in place and looked into the alley.

A voice in a shadowy alley will always make you unsettled and cautious. Yet, being the adventurer that you are, you entered to see who was inside.

"Uhh, anyone here?"

No response.

Yet, it doesn't stop you from going further.

Someone was inside, and their presence didn't seem good at all.

Then, to your horror, a shadowy figure with a sinister smile emerges from the darkness. It simply stood there and stared you in the face.

"What the-?"

The alley abruptly became cold and, in some strange way, grew darker.

Due to the cold, you might have even shivered a little out of fright.

It took only a few seconds until the figure attacked you.

You were being kicked and punched as if he were beating up someone he hated. The first hit was easy for you to dodge, but shortly after that, a clone of him appeared behind you and began mercilessly attacking you.

"Hm, you have a lot of power in that little body of yours."

"Go away!"

You made an attempt to flee, but he managed to block your path with a shadow. He teleported out of it and kicked you in the knee from behind, causing you to fall to the ground in front of him.

You wiped away a tear while biting your lip in discomfort.

Bruises that had not yet healed from your training the day before were now injured once more. 

You feel the stinging pain all over your body as a red metal liquid pours down your nose, "Who... Who are you?"

Your hurt expression was obvious on your face, which amused this figure in some way as he showed an even more wider grin than before.