𝟦𝟩 - 𝗌𝖺𝖽 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗂𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗀𝗂𝖼

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 Kusuo's bed, anxiously tugging at the edge of my white skirt that rested messily at my knees

Kusuo's bed, anxiously tugging at the edge of my white skirt that rested messily at my knees. He'd changed it up from the last time I was here, and it made me realize how different things were now. Not to be sentimental, but I missed the honeymoon phase we once had. Now it just felt like a constant cycle of trails interrupting our short eras of happiness.

Something heavy tugged at the end of my heart, a rock making it sink until I could practically feel it thud at the heels of my feet.

Kusuo finally came back in the room, holding an envelope in his hands and an apologetic on his usually stoic face. The air felt thick with tension, my mind fogging the closer he got. I refused to let myself falter because this time was one too many. This time would be different. I'd finally get my point across instead of helplessly falling back into the same whirlpool of charm he always held. And as kind and sweet and perfect he was 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time hurt way more than he thought.

And of course to top it all off the fact that I might've just lost the one friend I trusted the most. Aren needed distance when I needed his comfort, and Saiki damn well didn't understand that.

He knelt in front of me on the floor, hands on my knees, gentle and soft. He smelled different than usual, a lighter cologne than normal, something more woody rather than that sweet strawberry vanilla aroma that followed him around. I breathed it in shakily while he stared contently at my face, sharp eyes studying me silently.

He placed the envelope between my thighs, looking up at me and gesturing for me to read it.

"I... I'm not good with words, Y/n," Saiki spoke honestly, sincerity coating every word. Genuine and pure regret for his actions was clear in the ways he moved. "But I wrote everything out for you. I'm stupid, I'm genuinely sorry. I'm not mad, I'm just an idiot who sucks at this shit."

I hesitantly blinked away and looked at the paper, crinkling it open in my palms. But I stopped and turned my head back up to him.

"You are an idiot," I agreed with a wary smile, still obviously annoyed, "You need to talk to me. Anytime you're feeling anything. Please."

"The same goes for you," Saiki responded, serious with every word as he gently rubbed my thigh, ignoring the slight burn in his knees from kneeling before me, "We suck at communication. I'm gonna try harder for you."

I nodded, blinking away to completely read the note in the envelope, seeing his neat handwriting in red ink that smelled like that phony strawberry scent, making me smile slightly at the cuteness of it.