ˣᵒ | ONE | ∞

Season One, Episode One |XO

|
XO

❝ Sadly, it's not as interesting as my book so if you don't mind

Sadly, it's not as interesting as my book so if you don't mind.

The Korean Independent School of Seoul aka KISS was a prestigious school in Seoul, South Korea.

Half of the students at KISS are foreigners to the high school, tons of american kids go there. This only calmed Althea Phampa down from a her scale of nerves to ten to a nine. Althea was going into her junior year of high school and her first year at KISS. So it was no help when she didn't know anyone there or the fact that she knew that she would be completely lost even more now than she already had been.

Waiting for the bus to pull off and take her to campus, someone sits beside Althea, sighing in the process as they rest their head on head rest of the seat. From their heavy breathing, the person beside Althea seemed to have been in a hurry to get on the bus. Althea raised an eyebrow, adjusted her headphones and continued to focus on her book.

"Hey. I'm Duke" A brown skin boy said. On each hand he wore two silver rings. He was wearing a pearl rhinestone Saturn pendant necklace, denim jeans, a grey polo sweater and a white undershirt. While feeling someone's eyes were on her, Althea turns her head to the boy and seconds after he smiled at her.

"Oh. Sorry, were you talking to me?" Althea asked.

She placed one of her speakers to the side of her head behind her ear. Duke hums and nods his head. "I'm Duke. Dennis Welshmen" Duke says. "That's your name, like all together? Duke Dennis Welshmen?" Althea asked.

"No, uh, no" Duke chuckled. "My nickname is Duke but my name is Dennis Welshmen" He said. "Those two names literally sound nothing alike. How'd you even get it?" Althea lightly laughs. "I- I don't know. I'm a Junior so I guess the nickname just kind of stuck out and fit me more than calling me Denny" Duke stated. Althea nods and hums; "Well, that's interesting,".

"Sadly, it's not as interesting as my book so if you don't mind" Althea points to her book and raised her eyebrows.

She didn't want to be rude and she hoped that he'd understand that. "Oh! Yeah, sure" Dennis says as he pulls out his phone, resting back on the support of his seat. The rest of the ride went smoothly and mostly quiet between the two even though chatter of other teens on the bus had been filling the air. "I can tell that you're staring" Althea says as she glanced up at the boy beside her then looking back at her book.

Duke looks back his cleared his throat; "I'm not".

Althea smiled at Duke's attempt to play it cool. "What's it about?" Duke, eventually, asked. "What?" The brown haired girl looked up at Duke, a bit confused. "Your book. What's it about?" Duke asked. "It's called A pirate academy. It's also a series, this is just book two" Althea stated.

"Here, I'll read a bit of the description...if you want me too?" She says as she adjusts her book mark, closing the book and flips it to the back. Duke nods and looks at the small description printed on the back of Althea's book whilst listening to her voice. "Okay" She grins.

"After learning the truth behind the vampire pirates that were in the Sea," Althea read along to the description of her book; "The young gods and demigods had to join forces with them to fight against corruption. But, first, they must learn to be pirates".

"-The heart wants what the heart wants. And, that was the last sentence, so I'll let you guess from there" She said. "The main character falls for the vampire pirate" Duke says. Althea gasped, hitting his arm, gently. "How'd you know!?" She sassed with a smile. "Just a hunch" Duke tilts his head, looking at her with a grin.

Althea's eyebrows wrinkled lightly as she and Duke kept their eye contact.

The had finally came to it's stopping point and Duke heard the doors open. He cleared his throat and turns his head to look above the seat, seeing the other teenagers standing and leaving. "Look at that, we're here" Duke says. He removes himself from the bus seat and grabs his duffel bag from underneath.

"It was nice meeting you, pirate girl" Althea chuckled at the nickname as Duke sets his bag on the outer arm rest of the seat he was once in.

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you too, Duke" She smiled. "See you at the Welcome Party?" Dennis asked. "Maybe. I'm not sure yet" Althea says. "Cool. Uh, I'll be looking forward to seeing you again then" Duke tossed his back over his shoulder and winks; "Later".

"Yeah...later" Althea mumbles, watching him leave before she goes to leave herself.