Polaroid

*Sorry this took so long! I was having writer's block and couldn't think of anything. But I am back! There is some angst and tension in this chapter, enjoy. ✨

_____________________________

Polaroid photos lined the walls of his room. He dedicated his time to taking pictures of things he found artistic, whether of nature, an object, or a person. He was always taking photos, even of women he kidnapped. They were always asleep, unable to stay awake from their fear, looking ever so vulnerable. Part of him felt guilty for doing the things he does, but it was for a better cause. He knew what he was doing was right. He cannot allow women to web in their lies and manipulation. It reminded him too much of his mother, how he despised her. His mother was a sorry excuse for a being and he was glad he got rid of her when he did. He cannot allow women like his mother to roam the Earth, spreading their lies, and hurting people without so much as a care. Beyond his ludicrous reasoning, he believed what he was doing was right, even if it wasn't.

He held the Polaroid camera in his hands and snapped a photo of the spider that crawled across the floorboards by his feet. He was sitting on the floor with his back leaning against his bed. He watched the spider crawl around, unknowing of its destination. He lifted his foot from the floor and slammed it against the spider, it crunching underneath. He moved his foot and snapped another picture of the spider, waiting for the picture to process. 

Yui Tanaka woke up in the hospital with a plastic tube down in her throat. She panicked, gagging on the tube and pulling it out of her mouth. Yui knew she must've been in serious condition for something like this to be in her throat. She remembered how her mom had to use this one time when she was in critical condition and couldn't breathe on her own. 

She didn't know how many days have passed, but she was grateful to be alive. Yui's entire body was sore -- the pain probably numbed from the medications. Her arm was in a cast and she didn't even want to look at her leg. Yui looked up and saw her dad, passed out in the lounging chair. She wondered where her sister was. 

"Miss Tanaka?" A nurse walked in, glancing at the tube that now lies on the floor. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore. And thirsty." Yui croaked, placing her hand on her throat. The nurse nods and leaves to get her some water. That gave her enough time to think.

Yui was kidnapped by a man who kept his identity hidden with a mask and sunglasses. This also wasn't his first time. How she managed to escape and live was beyond her. There were other girls not as fortunate as her. She doesn't remember the building she escaped from. What does she remember of that day? She survived and she wasn't going to waste it. 

He had black hair. He was built like someone who works out often. He... had a Polaroid camera -- took pictures of different kinds of things and hung them up on a wall. His voice... was deep. There was something else. What was it? It was in the back of Yui's mind and she could only remember it in a blur. Dammit, what was it?

"Here's your water." The nurse strolls in and hands her the cup of water. "Um, whenever you are feeling up to it, a detective wants to talk to you. I am to tell him when you wake. The doctor is also supposed to come in and discuss your injuries."

She nods and takes a sip of the water, feeling relief. The nurse tells her that she needs to check her vitals and begins to run her blood pressure. Yui notices her dad has woken up and is staring at her with tears in his eyes. He waits patiently until the nurse is done before running over and hugging Yui. "I am so glad you are okay. We've been worried sick about you."

Yui hugs her father back. "I know. How's Mom and Tomoe?" 

Her father pulls back and looks at her. "They are doing fine. Tomoe is staying with grandma and your mom is in her hospital room. I brought her down earlier to visit you." He frowns and puts his hands on her shoulders. "Yui, what happened?"