☆Chapter 11☆

"Silence. We are here."Urien stated as we stopped in front of a gigantic house.

____

Before we were able to knock on the door, a tall man with a white tunic and his hair in a bun opened it.

"Lumen." Said Urien before making a nod.

"You knew we would come, didn't you?" continued Remiel.

"Enter." That's all the middle-aged looking man said before moving aside and letting us in.

The interior of the house was big, yet it was nothing extravagant. An herby scent roamed the place and almost every wall looked as if it was made of books.

"So, Lumen." Began Remiel as we all sat around a table where a tea pot was placed. "As you can notice we have a guest. Her name is Emily. I think she might need your help."

"You are not from here." Stated Lumen, looking directly to my eyes.

My body got tense.

"What do you mean she's not from here? Can you be more specific, please?" asked Urien.

"Urien! Patience is a virtue." Lumen sternly corrected the boy.

"Sorry, please continue."

"I can feel that your soul is in two places at the same time. Care to explain?" Continued Lumen.

Tell the truth or lie. That was the dilemma. I didn't completely know if I could trust the boys and this man that I barely knew.

What if they use me if they find out I can somehow travel between worlds?

But then again, the boys treated me well and didn't harm me when they had the chance. They both helped me in some way, so I thought that maybe I should trust them and their judgement towards Lumen.

I have a feeling Lumen would know if I'm lying anyways...

"You'll think I'm crazy, but I come from another world. I don't mean anything bad."

"Which world?"

"Earth." I simply replied.

"That signifies that you come from Gi then."

"Gi? The legendary world of destruction?" Intervened Urien.

World of destruction? I knew that Earth wasn't the safest place, but I wouldn't use that term.

"On the contrary of popular beliefs, Gi isn't a world of destruction per say." Began explaining Lumen as he served tea on the cups in front of each one of us. "Gi and Kólasi used to peacefully interact centuries ago. That was until the leaders of the two dimensions were drunk with power and wanted to take the control of the two places. This desire led to a war that almost destroyed both nations."

"But if both worlds were able to interact, then why can't they do it anymore?" Remiel asked.

"I will get there. Because of the war, there was famine, and the persecution of messengers began."

What are messengers?

"The authorities knew that the messengers had the capacity of making contact and communicating with both worlds whenever they desired. After all, that is the reason why they were also called the peacekeepers of both dimensions." Lumen intensely looked at the blue magic on his palm, as he reminisced the past.

"They wanted their abilities." I concluded.

"Yes. To end the suffering and the damage done to the worlds, three warlocks, me being one of them, and a messenger closed the portal between dimensions."