40 : Goosebumps

The spindly, metal claw-like fingers dug into her cheek, his palm rested over her mouth and nose as her screams were muffled. She was in the air, feet above the ground. It felt like she was flying, yet glued to the ceiling and trapped, but the pulsating, fluttering feeling that made her stomach float into her throat remained.  She felt cold goosebumps spike her skin as she cried out in terror, squirming in arms. She was like a worm picked off of the ground by the bird.

His grip was tight, his other arm was wrapped around her torso, caging her against his cool body. But she didn't feel secure at all, not when her eyes were glued to the shiny, checkered floor of Bonnie Bowl. If she was dropped, she would be squashed like a bug. Her sounds of panic increased as she became stiff in his grip.

"Shhh..."

His venomous voice hissed in her ear and her muffled screams of terror became silent. Tears that bubbled up in between her eyelashes carefully slid down her cheeks and onto his fingers. He seemed pleased with her silence as his tight grip on her face softened a fraction. Her heart beat against her chest and she simply closed her watery eyes, refusing to look down.

He shifted his body until she was cradled onto his chest. The magnetic wire on his back sustained his weight as he curled around her, his presence overbearing and shadowy, like clouds sweeping over the moon. She could only choke over her breath. If he lets go, it was over for her.

"I feel Sun's thoughts melting into mine... staining my own decisions with his," his voice somberly whispered behind her through the darkness. But there was no breath that touched her neck, not even body heat that fizzled into her, reminding her that what was holding her was not a human being. "It's annoying. But his anger for you is amusing."

Sun? Anger for her? How? The last time she ever saw the celestial animatronic was when she and Gregory escaped the daycare, right after kicking and breaking one of his glassy eyes. His cries of anguish and fury would still ring through her ears. She felt guilt any time she thought back to it, so she just avoided thinking of him. But now that she was in his midnight counterpart's grasp, she could only think of what could only be his need for revenge.

"I tried to put the blame on you, I always thought you were a psychopathic anomaly like that other brat," he chuckled bitterly. "But then I realized you were just a normal, human girl. There are no files on you, an intruder to the system."

He hoisted her closer as he seemed to be deep in thought. "But you are a victim of a cruel master minds' game. It's not a mistake, you were supposed to be the next victim. But then that damned robot arrived with a vengeance, and he is a cunning foe. A word of advice: Do not trust him. I don't know what he's planning, all I know is that he's going to tear this place apart."

Golden eyes. They glowed in fury in her deepest of nightmares. All the signs were there. All the strange looks he gave her, the way he held her tightly, the way his smile would twitch wide, showing a flick of perfect white, predatory teeth. Was he really the villain of this story? Like in those story books? But aren't villains supposed to be scary and mean. Doubt crawled into her. Wouldn't you be able to tell the villain from the hero? She remembered all of those times he protected her, his soft smile, his honey eyes that gleamed comfortably like the summer sun. Villains have never been like that. Was Moon lying to her? It didn't sound like it. Denial festered in her like a weed. She shook her head weakly at his claims.

"Hehe, even you yourself can't deny it." The animatronic chuckled darkly. "That boy is dangerous, you knew this ever since he held your hand in his. Do you really think he'll let you leave after all of this is over? As a witness? Oh no, no, no, if there's one thing I know about this machine, it's that it never leaves loose ends untied. He has a plan for you, and it's not a way out."