23 : Trust

Just so you know, there is cussing in this story.

Freddy decided that it was for the best that (y/n) remained outside of his hatch. It was not like he didn't enjoy her being in his protective safe-space, it was just the fact that she didn't find it comfortable there.

He came to the conclusion that it was best to use the hatch when needed, because there was also the risk of losing battery if she stayed in there for too long. His power canal was cut, and he can only do so much to keep her safe without draining his precious energy supply. She would have to walk by his side, for now.

They were still in the general area of the daycare, but they were nearing the exit of if. Freddy was relieved. The power diversion may come at any time now, and when that happens... Moon is free to roam. Freddy felt his insides coil tightly.

Freddy guessed the children had already met the jester, and it was quite obvious that their encounter was less than pleasant. The large bruise on the girl's ankle seemed to be enough proof. And any thoughts that wandered to the wound were not the friendliest.

He never liked the daycare attendant that much, especially Moon. He was too scary, he's not for small children, Freddy thought bitterly. Moon is high on the list of animatronics that have malfunctioned, that injured customers and children alike, and has had very violent tendencies. But the problem was that he was irreplaceable. They put him multiple times in Parts and Service and he would always come back the same. Unfriendly, uncaring, dangerous.

The jester was the most expensive animatronic in the building. With his ability to change and shift forms like such, building parts and an endoskeleton would cost a fortune. He was a complex robot who, unfortunately, did not work correctly. The daycare attendant was never fatally decommissioned before, either, (which is surprising due to crazy behavior) so they never had to replace him.

But now, seeing his little girl limping because of that damned bruise, he would consider finishing the job himself.

Nonetheless, Freddy did not want to see that wild animatronic anytime soon. Whatever happened in the daycare, it affected the poor girl in some way. She didn't seem as bright as Freddy last saw her. She was afraid of him, and he could assume that it was because of his inhumane, mechanical qualities that he possessed. This could only possibly conclude that an AI has done this to her.

Freddy walked at a tense pace, the girl following timidly behind. The animatronic made sure she wouldn't stray too far behind, but you couldn't blame him for moving so swift and silently. The air between them was once more tight with tension, albeit with a little awkwardness.

He managed to tug her out of her fearful shell for just a moment in the restrooms. But once more, she was stiff with nervousness. Perhaps a little conversation will help? Freddy had already formed a conversation in his head, and he was about to speak it but the remaining lights abruptly turned off with a quiet whirring sound.

A power diversion. Shit.

It only took a quiet clicking sound that resounded through the corridor for Freddy to understand what was happening. Moon was free to roam and he was approaching. Freddy spun around, his eyes glowing brightly in the dark as it spotlighted the girl who was behind him. She started to tremble in fear as her eyes grew misty. He had a feeling she knew what was wrong.

When the power surge happens, all electrical activity experiences a temporary reset that lasts for only a moment's time. All devices are offline except the power stations, where most of the power is diverted to. This happens only at night throughout all hours, there typically is only one of these diversions per hour. The time which it takes the power to come back on varies. It usually is not that long, but there are few cases in which it can last nearly all hour.