Beatdown

"You put hands on my girl!" Spencer's voice boomed as the boys finally located Dane vaporing outside while swiping through his phone.

Chris kicked his foot against doorframe, leaning against the door to block doors that led to the school hallway. Crossing his arms, he smirked as Dane eyed the gang of crenshaw boys werrily.

"What happened, nigga! You aint so big and bad now that it isn't some female against you, huh?" Darnell yelled, stepping up to Dane , shoving the Beverly athlete.

Spencer balled his fist as Dane mustered up a chuckle. "That bitch is a tease. I'm not surprised that you traded her in, James."

Darnell clenched his jaw tightly, unamused by Dane's smart mouth. Puching darnell swuare in the chest, Nelly watched the fool clutch his stomach. Grabbing Dane by the back of his collar, Darnell grinned as Dane coughed roughly. "Only a pussy put his hands on a female just for rejecting his punkass." Darnell grumbled near Dane's ear, before throwing him wet grass.

"Hold his ass up, Nell." Spencer spat, gearing for the next move. Following his bedt friend's request, Darnell grabbed pulled Dane back by the grass, propping him up. Dame fumbled around in Darnell tight grasp, fighting for release, to no avail.

Spencer charged at him full speed, cocking his dominant foot brfore flinging it forward like kickoff into an endzone.

His foot plowed into the lower half of Dane's jaw, sending him harshly flying from Darnell and back onto the ground on impact.

Dane slumped to the ground, gasping for air, with a bloodied and bruised face.

"I warned you that my foot would meet your face if you took one step out of place with Olivia!" Spencer growled cruelly, hivering over Dane badly beaten form. "Bet you'll listen next time." He huffed before hawking up a glob of spit, spatting it next to the ground area next to weakened Dane.

"Alright, c'mon yall. Someone will find this piece of shit and deal with him." Chris sighed, "We ain't serving no type of punishment for his ass." He insisted, gesturing for his heated friends to follow him back inside as part of his position as watchkeeper.

Sending one final glare to the ground where Dane breathed weakly, the boys nodded in unison, deciding he'd had enough. Chris held the door open, peeking his head into the hall to make sure the coast was clear.

The halls were empty with nothing but the blare of music coming from the gymnasium a few halls around the corner.

"We good." Chris assured his friends before the three of them filed one by one back into the dim hallway.

"Kia texted me for us to meet her and girls back at the limo." Darnell sighed, going through his messages.

"Let's go, then." Spencer responded with Chris backing him, both of them ready to bounce from school dance.

With that, the three of them strolled off in route of the front of the school parking lot. Once they arrived to find the limo parked with the girls already settled in, Spencer followed his first instinct to scoot in next to a slightly more calm Olivia.

His arm went around her as Olivia melted into his comforting hold, saving their need to talk for later. For now, they were both content with molding together while the limo driver finally pulled out of the school lot, in the direction of Darnell's house.

Dangling her hand across Spencer's messy dress shirt, Olivia went in search of Spencer free hand. Their finger intertwined, gifting Liv the contact she craved. No butterflies. No sparks. Not now. Right now, Olivia closed her eyes, putting the night's events into the back of her mind, as she was wrapped within Spencer's safety net.