He scoffed, he could never stand being called out like this.

“I’m aware of that, I am here finally” he says, he crossed his arm and leaned back on his chair.

He didn’t seem to mind that I call him late. Instead he’s more annoyed about something else, the way he spoke suggested that he wasn’t in the mood to have our project discussion, rather in the mood to argue about something else.

I rolled my eyes before picking up the cloak from my side and pushing it to his side “here’s your cloak, and next time I’d prefer if you’d stop acting like you want to help me,” I say

“Whatever” he sighs, snatching the cloak from me  “I’ve changed my mind, I’ve decided I’ll do most of the work and you just fill in whatever I need you to do if you’re bothered to.”

And the bastard just crossed his arms. Was he serious or was he just messing around?

“Oh, that’s very generous of you. Thank you very much” I said sarcastically.
“Don’t get all sarcastic on me,” he shot back, a little irritation slipping into his voice.

“Whatever” I rolled my eyes

He coughed, “Let’s just concentrate on finishing your research, so I can free myself from you,”

I opened my mouth to respond, but I was at a loss for words.

His blonde hair fell down his forehead like a perfectly placed puzzle piece, and he moved the books in front of me so that they were in between us.

He was completely concentrated on his task the entire time, which was impressive considering I can’t remain focused for crap. I hate to admit it, but he knows more about this subject than I do; no surprise Snape likes him, even if he doesn’t show it, even if he pretends as if he despises him; everyone knows who Snape’s favourite is.

To be quite honest, this was not how I had anticipated it would turn out. I had expected that he would be incredibly annoying and I would have to leave the library cursing him.

But none of that occurred; instead, he wasn’t as annoying as usual, and I’m not sure whether I should be happy or frightened; tonight, he was a little different, and I hate to admit that I noticed the difference in his energy, but there’s something different.

I watched him with fascination, despite his arrogant attitude his intellect is definitely something else. The way he studies the books with such keen attention, as if he’s trying to learn every single fact by heart.

He was smart and he knew It but I don’t know what to think of his sudden change of attitude.

“You’re staring at me” he muttered, taking one of the books from the pile in front of me.

I quickly looked away, “No I’m not.”
“Yes you are, you have been for the past few seconds,” he said, he says and kept studying the book.

“You’re imagining stuffs now?” I replied looking away from him and into the book.

“I’m not imagining anything.” He shrugged, and flipped through the pages of the book. “ I can tell when someone is staring at me, you know,”