Ch. 11: Rental

After Amity and Ghost was done in their bath, they exited the bathroom and got ready for the expedition.

"Alright, you ready for this?" Luz asked.

"Ready." Amity said with a nod, brushing Ghost's fur a bit to groom her.

"And presentable!" Ghost said with a smile.

"How does she have fur?" Luz asked, "I've truly wondered that for a while."

"I think Palismen can mimic all aspects of real animals when they're like this, could help them blend in if they're normal looking." Amity said but wasn't too sure herself. "I'll have to ask Eda about later."

"If we survive." Ghost said.

"Hey." Luz and Amity scolded her.

"What? I will do my best to help but this is still risky." Ghost said logically.

"Let's just get this done."

After Ghost was fully groomed, the trio exited the hotel and headed towards the closest car dealership. They needed a jungle car or an all-terrain vehicle to get to the jungle.

"Okay, so what do you think would work best?" Luz asked.

Right now the duo was looking between two of the best choices for the jungle. A Ford Raptor truck or a Jeep Wrangler, both good for all terrain but could they be perfect for jungle terrain?

"Ever driven something this big, Amity?" Luz asked.

"Nothing that big but maybe I could handle it." Amity said with a shrug. "The smaller jeep anyway."

"Well, we could always do worse."

"Did you find anything you like?" The dealership salesman asked them.

"Yes, we'll take the purple Jeep Wrangler." Luz said, pointing towards car.

"Great choice."

"Is there anything wrong with it that we should know about? Any bad history of accidents or malfunctions?" Amity asked.

"Not a one! This baby is one of our newest additions to the lot and has only been taken out in 3 test drives around town." The salesman said.

"Perfect."

"Just to let you know, we're only renting this car for our time here. Not buying it." Luz quickly verified.

"Buy or rent, it's fine ma'am. Customer satisfaction is our number goal here." The salesman said.

'I still get paid either way.' He thought as he led Luz and Amity inside to fill out the paperwork.

After the one thing everyone hated, paperwork, they got into the car. Amity took the driver seat, Luz got in the passenger seat, and Ghost sat on Luz's lap.

"As they say, let's roll!" Ghost said with excitement!

"We're going."

Amity turned the ignition and drove the car towards the forest road, with Luz pulling out the map and her phone.

"Well l, ready to go into the Amazon?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Luz replied.

"Then let's get there."

The drive became quiet as Amity decided to turn in the radio to calm their nerves. Amity's nerves for driving into the jungle for the first time and Luz's nerves for what she would find.

'At best, I'll probably find remnants of his skeleton, at worst... I'll find nothing and this whole thing will have been a waste.'

But even if she was afraid, Luz needed to do this. She needed closure. For herself, her fiancé, and her family.

'I need this... so I can finally move on.'