Ch. 8: Plane Ride

The next day, Amity and Luz arrived at the airport. They had a long flight ahead of them, heading all the way down to Columbia. Ghost was coming with them of course and being kept in a pet carrier, even if she didn't like it.

"This is demoralizing." Ghost said as Luz looked at her.

"Don't worry. The trip won't be that long." Luz said to her.

"Besides, we need you to look like a normal cat."

"Normal? I find that offensive. I am FAR from normal." Ghost said to Luz.

"We know, Ghost but just play along for now." Amity whispered as they reached the first gate.

Amity doesn't care if she's a witch with a magical staff or not... she HATES flying. She didn't know why but she just felt nervous and jittery when on a large or small flying vehicle! Like she would crash and die at any moment!

'Please God, give me strength.' Amity thought.

Luz wasn't a stranger to flying, she's been on planes for a long time. Mostly for work at other zoos that requested her, she grew accustomed to it and liked it. Especially when they pay for her to flight 1st class!

'The perks of the job.'

Once they got they showed ID, went through the X-ray, and reclaimed their bags; the two of them let their bags and Ghost be checked before heading to their plane.

"Well, the easy part is done." Luz said.

"That was easy?" Amity said, holding Luz's hand tightly to calm herself.

"Don't worry, it won't be so bad." Luz said to her, "I was talking about the entire adventure. We have to go through an entire jungle."

"And yet that scares me less than this plane ride because you have a way with animals." Amity said as they entered the terminal.

"Don't forget, you have your gifts too." Luz said, reminding Amity of her magic training.

"Not much." Amity replied.

"Hey, it's good enough to help." Luz said.

"I remember when my life was normal." Amity said, "No speaking to animals, no magic, no seed in my heart, I was just a normal Jewish girl that worked at a zoo."

"Yeah but normal can get so boring sometimes. The day I found out about my gift, I never had a normal day in my life and I loved it." Luz said as they approached their seats, right side in first class.

"So, my beautiful fiancé, are you excited?" Luz asked.

"I will be when we're back in the ground." Amity said as they sat in their seats, with Amity being away from the window.

"I meant for your first experience in first class. Trust me, you'll forget all your worries by the time we're half way there." Luz said to her.

"I mean, if you're that nervous I can think of something we can do." Luz said, "I haven't joined the mile high club."

Luz's stupid grin was knocked off her face when Amity smacked the back of her head.

"Don't be stupid." Amity said.

'On a plane? Is she insane?!' Amity thought.

"Okay, okay. No "mile high club."" Luz said to her, "... We'll do it in the jungle."

'Really?.....Still better than a plane.' Amity thought.

A stewardess came to them and gave a small smile as she grabbed an intercom phone from the front.