1 [EDITED]

Aina stood in front of the mirror, her honey brown hair cascading down her back. She gazed at her reflection, her eyes devoid of any emotion. The knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, and she called out, "Come in."

Her grandmother entered the room, with a warm smile on her face.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

Aina forced a smile and replied, "Yes, I'm ready. Just give me a moment." She quickly put on her Dupatta and slipped into her sandals. As she joined her grandmother, she extended her hand, and they descended the stairs together.

Her grandfather was waiting at the bottom, his eyes filled with love and concern.

"Sweetheart, try to mend things with them. You know they care about you," he said, his voice filled with understanding.

Aina mustered a smile and nodded.

"I'll do my best," she said, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Her grandmother gently touched her face, her expression filled with sadness. "Your mother is hurting too by seeing you in this state. She wants you to be happy and in peace."

"Grandma, I'm trying, but it's hard. There's no reason for me to be happy about." Aina admitted, her heart heavy with disbelief and heartbreak.

"I understand it's difficult, my dear. But remember, they are your family now. Accept him. He's like your father." her grandmother said softly, her words carrying a glimmer of hope.

As Aina absorbed her grandmother's words, she shook her head.

"He's not my father," Aina said with a hint of irritation in her voice. "He can never be. I had a lot of respect for him, but the reality is that I had only one father who is no longer with us. No one can be like him, nor would I give anyone his place."

Her grandmother sighed, wanting to say something, but her grandfather interrupted, urging her to give her more time. Nani Ammi nodded in agreement, offering Aina a supportive smile. She reached out and gently patted Aina's head expressing her emotions.

"I just want to see you happy," she said softly.

Aina let out a small smile and nodded her head.

She went outside with grandfather kidding her grandmother goodbye.

°°°°°°

She finally arrived, and before her stood a magnificent mansion, radiating beauty and grandeur. Its sheer size and elegance were awe-inspiring, a testament to its opulence. Although she had been here several times before being in this place didn't evoke pleasant feelings. It felt suffocating, a constant reminder of past events that had unfolded. This place served as a stark reality check, showing her that everything had changed, and nothing remained the same. Staying here pained her deeply.

As she stepped out of the car, she turned towards the window and spoke to her Grandfather "Nana Abbu, won't you come?" she asked, hoping for his company.

"No, Beta. I won't. You go and enjoy. I have to meet an old friend," Nana Abbu replied, waving at her with a bittersweet smile. "Bye."

She chuckled softly, waving back at him, and proceeded towards the mansion, her heart filled with a mix of emotions.

She stood there, with her heart pounding, as she faced the imposing door. With a deep breath, she gathered the courage to step inside.