Meltdown - song fic

B/N comforts reader

Song lyrics = 💗Lyrics💗

💗When it all melts down I'll be there💗

Y/N was practically dragging her feet as she reached the door to her and B/N's shared apartment. Her bag slid off her shoulder and dropped to the floor once she got in. She didn't even bother pulling off her shoes before she collapsed on her bed. She moaned into her pillow and flipped onto her back, staring at the ceiling.

💗 Talkin' to yourself in the bathroom
Losin' your mind in the mirror like you have to
Ooh 💗

Y/N couldn't imagine a worse day than the one she had. She had been up all night cause she was nervous about a presentation she had to give that morning. Her train had come 20 minutes late, and she spilled coffee on her skirt.

💗 Screamin' in your car in the driveway
Spinnin' out think your life's going sideways
Ooh 💗

She had massively bombed her presentation, forgot her lunch in her morning rush and had to deal with annoying co workers all day. By the time she was allowed to go home (2 hours later than usual) she had a splitting headache. Honestly she was surprised she made it home in one piece.

💗 One broken glass turns to total collapse
Just know this too shall pass 💗

After about 20 minutes she kicked off her shoes and pulled on some pyjamas. She shuffled to the kitchen to make something to eat. She sleepily made a cup of 2 minute noodles and flopped onto the couch. She put on her favourite series that she had watched a thousand times and tried not to zone out.

💗 I'm tellin' you now, tellin' you now
Woo
When it all melts down I'll be there
Woo, woo 💗

She was seconds away from falling asleep when she heard keys by the door. She blinked herself awake as B/N closed the door.

💗 When it all melts down I'll be there
I'm tellin' you now, tellin' you now 💗

"Hey babes, I'm home" B/N said as he hung up his coat. "Hey you'll never guess what happened today, this gu-" He was interrupted by Y/N's arms around his waist. She buried her face into his chest and unsuccessfully tried to hold back her tears.

💗 Sleep is so thin, outta habit
Hard to tell the real from the dreams you imagine
Ooh 💗

When B/N felt a wet spot on his shirt and how tightly her hands were holding him, he got worried. He tilted her chin upwards so he could see her. Her cheeks were streaked with tears and her makeup was smudged. His eyebrows were furrowed when he cupped her face. "Hey, what happened love? What's wrong" he said gently but Y/N didn't reply.

💗 Nights when one broken glass turns to total collapse
Just know this too shall pass
I'm tellin' you now, tellin' you now
Woo 💗

She told him about her horrible day between sobs while B/N listened sympathetically. "Oh baby" he said once she had finished, he pulled her in for another hug stroking her hair. He kissed the top of her head before pulling her over to the couch. "What's this?" He asked gesturing to her empty cup of 2 minute noodles. "Oh I was just hungry" she said wiping her cheeks.

💗 When it all melts down I'll be there
When it all melts down (woo)
When it all melts down now (woo)
When it all melts down I'll be there
I'm tellin' you now, tellin' you now 💗

She moved to sit down on the couch but B/N stopped her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, no girlfriend of mine is gonna have two minute noodles after a day like yours" he said raising an eyebrow at her. He pulled her into the kitchen and patted the counter top, signalling for her to get up.

💗 When there's wolves on your track (wolves on your track)
Catchin' up fast (catchin' up fast)
Baby, don't you look back (don't you look back)
Don't you look back (baby, don't you look back) 💗

She jumped up and sat on it while B/N grabbed a saucepan and a bowl. He got to work making dinner while he talked about his day in an effort to distract Y/N. An hour later Y/N had forgotten all about her horrible day. She smiled as she watched B/N plate their burgers.

💗 When you're hittin' a wall (hittin' a wall)
And every star falls (every star falls)
Don't you worry at all
Woo 💗

She hopped off the counter and wrapped her arms around him. He lifted his left arm to look down at her confusedly. She didn't allow him a chance to speak before she whispered to him "I love you" the boy smiled fondly at her. "I love you too gorgeous" He placed a kiss on her cheek as they sat down to have their dinner.

💗 When it all melts down I'll be there
When it all melts down (woo)
When it all melts down now (woo)
When it all melts down I'll be there
I'm tellin' you now, tellin' you now 💗

(Go check out Niall's song ❤️)