CHAPTER 1 - Them.

Start from the beginning

He focused again. Harder this time.

His phone rang. He picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Mum. He swiped to accept the call.

"Hey, are you coming home this thanksgiving?" His mother asked in her usual cheery tone.

"Yeah, but why are you asking now, its more than two months later"

"Your brother called earlier today. He wanted to join us this time. Also he wants to spend the winter with us."

"Why does he suddenly remember us? Didn't he think about doing us this favor when we repeatedly tried to contact him?" He said, frustrated.

"Look Sebastian, we can give him another chance, he might also have something to say on his behalf." His mother tried to convince him.

"Fine, it's upto you."

"I knew you would understand. I have to get up early tomorrow. Sleep well. Bye"

"Bye, Love you" Sebastian hung up the phone.

His brother, Felix Osborne, was 19 when he left home in pursuit of a job. Despite their family business to manage, he had completely left them for making something out of his own self. He didn't blame him though, he always wanted to be just like him. Well, until his behaviour drastically changed during the last couple of years. He refused to accept any family calls, missed most of their family events and even hung up on them sometimes. They had no idea why.

But then Sebastian decided to change himself too. And in no time, they were mere strangers.

Ivory Smith Osborne, his mother, was a woman in her mid-fifties with a delicate personality and a sharp mindset regarding Cards and Chess. Also, she loved tennis.

But something had changed within her, the day Felix changed. Sebastian got to see a different side of his mother. She became more.....

He didn't know what she became, but she changed. Sebastian sometimes doubted if this side of his mother really existed. Maybe she wanted to change too, and today wasn't much different.

Except there was something more in her voice. Hope?

He didn't know.

He sighed as he looked back at what he had been doing.

So he's back at this again.

He sighed and sat back down. He tried to remind himself of yesterday. The sound of hoof beats. The laugh mingling in the air when he fell off. Everything about it seemed so simple and peaceful. He started playing again.

This time it went smoothly, without any flaws. He could hear it all too well.

Until.....

Another mistake, a wrong key.

He cursed under his breath and grabbed his hair. He was not certain how long he had to continue this.

He grabbed his cup of now-cold coffee and drank it all at once.

He knew he would make this work out. Someday, he had to.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Valerie was sprinting through the corridors.

Oh lord. She was running late. Again.

She rushed past annoyed looking seniors and some staff. At last, she reached the field. Panting.

Only to find no one there. Wait, what?

She had probably messed up the time. Again.

"Arrived quite early I see" Valerie spun around.

Dark hair, hazel eyes. Sebastian stood there, just a feet apart from her, looking as smug as always.

Good lord, had he been following her? Seen her running desperately just because of some stupid time change her watch couldn't handle? Did she have to face another shouting match with him over yesterday?

To her surprise, he tore his eyes away from her and started walking towards the field. She too started towards it. She had arrived here anyway, she can't go back for 20 mins and come again later. That would be too stupid. Besides the extra practice will do her good.

After changing into her Equestrian uniform, Valerie didn't waste her time anymore and sped off towards the main field with her horse, to start training.

Slowly, everyone arrived.

She was getting ready to start the training after finishing the warm-up when she was approached by Julian, one of Sebastian's mates. Julian was a blonde with a cheerful personality. Unlike his friend.

"Hey" He called

"Hmm?" She responded, keeping her gaze on the log fences. Ready to start.

"Are you free this weekend?"

She turned to him and met his gaze "Maybe."

"Well, do you want to- like hangout sometime if you're okay with it?" He said the words genuinely, she realised. But being asked out in an Equestrian training field had caught her a bit off guard. Nevertheless, she shook away the uneasy feeling.

"I'll let you know, after I think it over" she replied. Julian nodded and left.

Smooth.

She was shaken out her thoughts by Dahlia's approach.

"You ready?" She asked challengingly.

"I was born ready" Valerie replied with a smile.

Then they sped off with their horses.

A/N

A small chapter. But I'll try to make them longer. I certainly have a lot to learn.

Don't forget to vote!

By the way, Thanks for reading!