Bob frowned. He picked at the name tag on his uniform like it was a scab. "Iapetus," Bob said, his voice a low rumble. "Before Bob. It was Iapetus."

Cressida's voice was a calm melody as she sniffed and wiped at her own tears and said, "I like Bob better. Which do you like?"

The Titan regarded her with his pure silver eyes. "I do not know anymore."

Castor placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's ok, Big Guy. No matter which name you like, we're still your friends," he promised and Bob looked back down at Percy.

"I promised," he murmured. "Nico asked me to help. Castor asked me to help. I do not think Iapetus or Bob likes breaking promises." He touched Percy's forehead. "Owie," the Titan murmured. "Very big owie."

Percy sank back into his body. The ringing in his ears faded. His vision cleared. He still felt like he had swallowed a deep fryer. His insides bubbled. He could sense that the poison had only been slowed even more, not removed. But he was alive.

"Bob cannot cure this," Bob said. "Too much poison. Too many curses piled up."

Cressida hugged him tighter, and Percy didn't even care that she was doing it too tight, he was just glad to feel her touch again.

"Then what can we do, Bob? I can give Percy enough strength to hold on for a while, while we travel, but there has to be something. Is there any water down here? It could heal him."

"There's no water at all down here Cress," Castor said, pained by the pain he could see in his sister. "Just the Rivers. And I don't think he has the strength to go swimming in the Styx again."

"Tartarus is bad," Bob agreed.

"It is," Cressida wept. "It's horrible and I'm going to have nightmares probably for the rest of my life, but, it is not going to take away the only reason I have for getting out. It is not going to take Percy away from me. Please. There has to be something or someone that can heal him."

Bob placed his hand on Percy's chest. A cold tingle like eucalyptus oil spread across his sternum, but as soon as Bob lifted his hand, the relief stopped. Percy's lungs felt as hot as lava again. "Tartarus kills demigods," Bob said. "It heals monsters, but you do not belong. Tartarus will not heal Percy. The pit hates your kind."

"I don't give a damn. Tartarus can get in line. But even here, there has to be someplace he can rest - I will force the poison out, drop by drop, if I have to. Maybe back at the altar of Hermes or -"

In the distance, a deep voice bellowed, "I SMELL HIM! BEWARE, SON OF POSEIDON! I COME FOR YOU!"

"Polybotes," Bob said. "He hates Poseidon and his children. He is very close now."

"Can't say I'd like the pleasure of meeting him," Cressida said. "Cas, give me a hand."

Castor was at her side in a second as he took most of Percy's weight and got him to his feet.

"Hey, Big Guy," Castor said as he called Bob's attention to him. "We can't stay here. Are you going to come with us?"

"You don't have to," Cressida said. "But, will you help us?"

Bob looked from the two of them to Percy and Cressida wished that she had the time and energy to read his mind. Was he angry, or just thoughtful? Was he planning revenge, or was he just feeling hurt because Percy had lied about being his friend?

"There is one place," Bob said at last. "There is a giant who might know what to do."

Cressida's own knees almost buckled. "Uh, Bob, giants are bad," she said nervously.

"One is good," Bob insisted. "Trust me, and I will take you...unless Polybotes and the others catch us first."

Castor looked to his sister who just nodded. "Lead the way," he said but Cressida stopped them.

"Let me just do this first," she said as she let go of Percy and reached into her shoe. Percy tried to shake his head, he tried to say no but he couldn't move.

"Cress, are you sure about this?" Castor asked as she handed him the vial and she nodded.

"There's no point in going to see this giant if he doesn't live long enough. I have to do this."

No, she didn't. He didn't want her to. No. She'd done enough. No more. He could make it. No!

But as much as Percy silently protested, he knew that his chances of making it were weak without her help.

Cressida took his hands as she took a deep breath and her eyes flamed as she said, "Strength."

And the fiery feeling in his lungs grew colder as the feeling returned to his tongue and he could sort of move it and he could actually wriggle his toes now.

But while he gained strength, Cressida was depleted of hers as she collapsed, and Bob was the one to catch her.

Castor reached out with the vial, but Bob just shook his head as he tapped her forehead and replenished the magical strength inside her.

Bob then set her back on her feet before offering to carry Percy for Castor while he put an arm around his sister, and they began walking.

Walking away from one giant and towards another.