Chapter One- The Patroller Displaced In Time, Beware of the Dark Recruitment

My name is Trunks Briefs, and I am a time traveler. My world was devastated by a pair of cyborgs hellbent on complete destruction of all life. Desperate and out of options, my mother invented the time machine and sent me twenty years to the past to warn Earth's strongest warriors and assist them in preventing the apocalyptic reality I lived in. And while I learned that time doesn't work that way and things don't always go as planned, I returned back to my timeline and brought an end to the terrors that plagued the planet. But little did I know, my mother and I violated laws beyond our comprehension. As punishment for our arrogance, the goddess of time prevented any and all means of time travel in my timeline and forbade my mother from ever touching the subject matter. As for me...for the last three years, I have spent my days atoning for my sins by enforcing the laws of Lady Chronoa to protect the timestream. But one day, as I departed from a mission, I was met with something impossible! I await to see how my story unfolds...as a Time Patroller!

Son Residence, East District, Mount Paozu, Age 776

It was mid-morning. The sun's embracing rays penetrated the forest area surrounding the East District of the mountains with flowers and fruits. Slopes of hills and mossy mountains were sprinkled throughout the region. Since the ground was fertile, the soil was used to farm perishables like vegetables and plant trees for fruits.

In one particular location, there was a large capsule home made up of two components, a dome-like house, and a rectangular structure that acted as the garage of the home.

This was the Son Residence, home to the family of the late Champion of Earth, Son Goku.

Not too far from the house, three figures sat under a large peach tree. Each person had their hands folded and rested on their lap as they were positioned in a meditative posture.

One was a Namekian that was roughly seven feet tall. He wore a royal purple 'gi with a black obi sash wrapped around his waist, red wristbands, a weighted white cape, a white turban, and orange Namekian shoes.

This was Piccolo, a Super Namekian composed of the son of the original Demon King Piccolo, the former Guardian of Earth named Kami, and the proud Namekian warrior Nail.

Sitting on Piccolo's left side was a human girl who seemed to be approaching her twenties. She was the shortest of the trio, only reaching the height of five feet and two inches tall. As for her appearance, the pale-skinned blue-eyed girl had a black colored pixie cut at the front of her head, while she had long hair that reached past her neck as it was tied into a ponytail thanks to a golden hair tie. She wore a white t-shirt that didn't reach past her midriff. Over it was a dark green and brown vest with a familiar logo with a shield while having the Earth at the center of it. For bottoms, she had on a pair of green combat trousers with a brown leather belt and brown combat boots. On her hands were red fingerless gloves specifically made to help channel her ki from her hands.

This was Videl Seraph, formerly Videl Satan, the infamous daughter of the largest fraud in recent history, Mark "Hercule" Satan.

Lastly, on Piccolo's right side was a young man roughly around the same age as Videl. He appeared to be of Saiyan descent as he had a brown-furred tail that was laying on the grass as it curled beside him. He had spiky black locks that were defying gravity while also pointing out in various directions as they curved either up or down. Yet, one black bang hung from the fringe of the pale-skinned boy's hairline. As for attire, he sported a dark purple gi with no undershirt, showing off his defined muscular frame. To keep the gi shirt from being opened, the Saiyan tied a red cloth around his waist and shifted the makeshift belt to his left side. For his bottoms, he wore a pair of black trousers with red wristbands and red Shaolin red ankle wraps, then black martial arts shoes.