harry's birthday - part two

Start from the beginning

Mia breathed out into his neck as she wrapped her arm around his waist as Harry stroked her hair. She nuzzled her nose into his clavicle and inhaled his scent, revelling in the feeling of his warm arms around her. She could stay here forever, Mia felt.

Their peace was soon disturbed by the ringing of Harry's phone on the nightstand though. The device buzzed violently and Mia smiled while Harry groaned.

"Your first birthday call." Mia teased a little as Harry manoeuvred around in an attempt to grab his phone, "I bet it's Edward."

"Nah, it's gonna be mum." Harry yawned before glancing at his screen before turning it around to Mia with a triumphant smirk, "See?" He spoke as 'mum' showed up on his screen and Mia rolled her eyes.

Harry hummed and pinched her ass right before answering the call, "Brat." He whispered, making her flush. His lips were up in a knowing smirk before he cleared his throat, "Hi, mum."

His brows raised and Mia watched, feeling the slight pinch in her behind lingering on as Harry laid on his back to answer the call. He turned to her with a chuckle, "It's Ed calling with mum's phone."

"I told you so." She smiled. Harry gave her a warning look and Mia giggled, hiding in the sheets a little as Harry spoke to his brother. It gave Mia the time to admire him. The sheet had slipped down to his waist, giving Mia the view of his tattoos and his sculpted abs. Harry's body was gorgeous, Mia thought. He was chiselled yet soft and also incredibly strong. It's like he was muscular in all the right places but was also a good teddy bear to cuddle.

She focussed on the way his jaw moved when he spoke, much like she was always mesmerized when Harry chewed his gum – which was a slight addiction for him. Her gaze travelled to his lips, pink and moist and so, so kissable. The breath she exhaled was shaky and she bit her lip while continuing to stare at him.

Harry felt her eyes on him but kept his up to the ceiling, "Hmm." He mumbled to Edward, "That's nice, bud. I'm sure there will be lots of birdies in the garden then this spring." He turned to face Mia, "He built a bird's house in school." He whispered to her in explanation. Mia shortly nodded and Harry flicked his eyes back up to the ceiling.

"And Harry, it's so big! It can fit like – a hundred birds!!!" Edward excitedly spoke. Harry chuckled, "Well, maybe you should just start with two and then they'll have little babies. They can start a family in your bird's house."

Edward gasped loudly on the other end of the line, "That can happen?!"

"Of course."

"Well – how does that work?"

Harry's eyes widened at the territory he suddenly was in. He paused the movement of his finger curling the one strand of hair around it continuously before swallowing, "Uh – well, same as with humans, hm? When two people love each other, they can choose to start a family. With or without kids. Some people get a lot of pets too, or they're happy with just the two of them." Harry explained carefully.

"Birds can have pets?" Edward sounded lost and Harry rolled his eyes to himself, "No, uh – humans can have pets. I don't think birds can have pets. But when two birds love each other, they can have little baby birds."

He could almost hear Edward thinking, "Oh." He then murmured, "So you and Mi will have little baby humans?"

Harry knew he should feel an anxious burn in his chest at the mention of children. He had just turned twenty-one, he was in college and had only been with Mia for a handful of months. But Edward's words didn't make him anxious, they made him excited. He swallowed, "I'd hope so. There's a lot more to it, Ed. It's a bit difficult to explain, I'll tell you another time. But that's the gist of it."