Ch 1: A dirty virgin, a night of shots, and a sex god.

Start from the beginning

“Ladies, looking good,” I smiled, greeting my blend of sophomore and junior year friends from the university.

“There are some pretty cute freshies here,” replied third year Kirra, eyeing a random dude.

“What happened to your fairytale fantasy with Lorenzo?” I questioned her as the bartender placed a tray of shots in front of us. Kirra simply slapped the air, mentally ramming the thought aside.

 “Airi, you could have a fairy-tale fantasy if you just took the time to settle down with a kind-hearted guy. Do you know how good that would be for you? I mean, it’s not as boring as you think.” I turned to the side, facing Sadie as I downed my fourth glass. Her motherly attitude was typically consoling, but in this situation, it was more than unnecessary.  Talk that included my single status was like a bleeding body in a pond of piranhas; it riled these girls up.

“Seriously Airi, you need to consider your future happiness,” said Nadia, another junior year friend from our group.

“That’s what I have been telling her all this time. It’s like what I say goes through one of her ears and comes out the other. So frustrating.” It was Ells who had pitched in, truly outdoing herself.

“Look guys; you just don’t comprehend my ways of life. While you brainwashed, love struck betties gleam at your men and actually do nothing remotely interesting except when you claim that you screw, while you really fall asleep before the other one can even say ‘let’s do it’, I’m getting constant action without any sob stories.” I yelled while gritting my teeth. We had gone over this subject a countless number of times yet they still rejected my beliefs.

“Wait, aren’t you a virgin?” asked Kirra, sneaking in a chuckle, acquainted with Nadia and Sadie.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Making out is a remarkable activity.”

“Right…,” cut in Sadie, rolling her eyes. What is up with girls and their eyes rolls?

Alright. I’m at a loss of words. You win. In the meantime, let’s drink.” I tipped the shot glass into my mouth, letting the burning liquid trickle down my throat. When I came up for air, there was the other half of our group, the guys. Owen had his arm wrapped around Eliyza’s waist, Kirra and Lorenzo were playing a game of Eskimo kisses, Sadie and Noah were conversing, and Jordan had his lips on Nadia’s.

“Sup single lady. How, exactly, is that going for you?” asked Owen, with a mocking grin. They loved pushing my buttons.  

“Owen, the thing is, I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

A number of “burns” showered our circle including some from a guy I had never seen on campus.

“Apart from Airi’s hearty comeback, this is Liam. He’s at Cornell with us. Liam, this is my girlfriend Eliyza, and her friends Kirra, Nadia, and Sadie. Oh and that demon is Airi.” I gave the new guy a subtle smile, dismissing Owens immature labels.

“I really need to pee. Airi, come with me. Like, now,” said Eliyza

“We need to go too,” said the rest of the girls.

“But I drank most of the sho—,”

“Shut up and go,” Kirra interjected. I got up submissively and headed to the restroom. I was then startled by an unyielding push into the corner by Sadie. Surrounded, I had no emergency exits to run to.

“What the hell, Airi?! He’s gorgeous!” Sadie set the debate in motion.

“Yeah! What’s wrong with you? Did you see those eyes?” Nadia had spoken.