Chapter Two: Alex

When we all sat down to watch the movie, I was super excited-I loved Transformers and I loved theaters. So, seeing a new transformer movie in theaters-yeah today was one of those days where everything seems to go right! Or at least that was what I thought till the movie screen went blank after the previews and everything was pitch black.

"Ray? Amy?" I whispered, "Do you know what happened to the movie?" there was no reply.

Abruptly, lights flashed on and I blinked at the blind light . ThanI turned to kook beside me but Amy was gone and so was Ray. Infact, the whole movie theater had disappeared! Now I was standing in a clean white walled room full of microscopes and other science tools.

"Mr. Pierce, why are you hiding in a dark room?"

Startled, I spun around to see a curly-blonde haired woman in heels standing in the doorway. She was frowning sternly and was wearing a white lab coat over a somewhat short back office skirt and green blouse.

"I-'' I had no time to explain myself. The woman gave a heavy sigh and interrupted me, "Look the investigators are here, I need you and Elena to take a look at the inventory-I want to make sure everything they brought us is legit."

"O-ohkay?" Stunned, I decided I had no other choice than to follow the woman and figure out what was going on. I followed her down the hall and to a large room where many boxes were spread about. Old artifacts, paintings and statues were resting on tables.

A young woman who seemed a few years older than my age of nineteen, entered the room. She has honey colored skin and dark curly brown hair. From her blue glues she was wearing, I assumed her at once to be the "Elena" that the tall blond had mentioned.

Turning I saw the blond lady smiling as she talked to the people who had delivered the artifacts. Then she turned and looked at me, letting a somewhat stern expression across her face.

Hastily I joined Elena at the table. "Um, hi?"

"Are you new?" "The woman asked. "I Don't think I've seen you around here before." her gaze narrowed a

"Yeah, I'm a...uh new intern," I stammered. "My name is Alex Pierce."

"Elena Wallace," the woman shook my hand. Then she turned to the painting. Now the blond woman joined us. "What do you say?" She looked between us.

I took a step back and tried to blend in with the others in the room-I knew nothing about art.

"That Da Vinci?" Elena spoke up. "It's pretty, but it's also a fake. You can see the lines from the printer and no brush strokes."

I examined the painting as Elena led the woman through a few other statues. Then the blond woman nodded. Turning she skipped on her heels towards the insects, "Officers, I can tell you which ones are fake. The Da Vinci one that's fake and the..."

Startled, I looked at Elena. Her boss was taking all her credit for her work. "How can you let her do that?" I asked, walking up to her.

"Do what?" Elena frowned at me.

"Take credit for what you know!" I exclaimed.

Shaking her head, Elena sighed. "If I try to do anyting-she'lls just fire me. I can't lose my job." Turning she watched as two workers lifted another item out of a box: A wooden hawk.

We both walked over. "What is it?" I asked her.

"A hawk," Elena raised an eyebrow at me, puzzled that I didn't recognize the quite well-known bird.

I shook my head. "No, not the bird, the symbols on the bird." Reaching forward, I smoothed my hand over the weird dotted line and swirled on the hawk's stomach. "Where did this come from?"

"Somewhere in South America," Elene's boss cut in. She pushed between us and picked up the bird. Then she opened a door to a lab glass walled room and stepped inside.

I ran up to the door, wishing to know more about the strange hawk statue. But the metal door swung shut with a bang and the lock flashed on. Shit, I need a special card to get in.

A sign on the door said, "Lab technicians only," and that must have meant neither me nor Elena as we both stood at the door, trying to peer through the glass walls and see the tests they were repeating to take on the hawk statue.

At the same time, both of us sighed.

"Well, I better get back to my paperwork," Elena turned away from the window.

"Um, I should get back to work too..." I glanced around uncertainty. Which desk in the room was mine?"

"Your desk is the one next to mine," Elena pointed. She quietly walked over to her desk and sat down. I was begging to realize she was a more introverted ,quiet person yet also very smart.

I went to my own desk and saw a stack of paperwork on it. So not only was I in another strange world, now I was having to do work? Uuhhhhggg!

**************

Just a reminder, this story follows the exact plot lines of the movie, minus the part with my ocs being in it. In the movie, Elena's boss really did take credit for her work in the movie, and she did really know all that about the Da Vinci art. Elena also did wonder about the bird statue in the movie too