48: In Look for An Assistant

Start from the beginning

* * *

Just like that, weeks passed by easily, and two months later Christmas came knocking on the door.

The two girls were living the life; such luxury was only in their dream before. Over time, Ava became a distant memory—as the girl had cut contact with them since that day. Greer tried to talk to her over call or text, but the younger girl simply wasn't interested.

Life was going great for the two girls, and so was Enrique, who was bagging money from his game. Subway Surfers was doing great, and Enrique officially had a million in the bank.

Now, he was aiming for something bigger; he didn't lack funds, but he lacked employees. One could only do so much on his own.

It was midnight, 26th December, and Enrique was sitting at his work desk after putting the girls to sleep, who were tired after his Christmas gift to them.

With a notepad in his hand, he was scribbling down the next plans for his company.

'The problem is with the Chitauri incident.' Enrique chewed on his lips. 'I know it will happen in 2012, but I have no idea what month. I can't hold back the other things from progressing in fear of this. I need to hire some employees.'

Enrique shook his head off his other worries once decided that. He went to some popular websites to post announcements about job recruitment.

"That should be enough... Huh, should I put some notices in newspapers too?" Enrique contemplated and then shook his head. "No, I am in search of tech-savvy people. If they don't know how to check the internet for jobs, there's no need for them in my company."

There was only one problem. While new employees were no problem because of this, he still needed a reliable assistant. Enrique could always choose one from the candidates who would apply for jobs, but he rather wanted a person he was familiar with instead of some nobody.

Suddenly, something that'd make him forget about this happened. Mut's voice rang in his head.

["Oh-!"]

"What now?"

["The Faith Points passed a threshold just now! I can allow you a new power."]

"Ohh."

This would be the first time such a thing happened since he got [Lightning Cloak], and he gained that nearly three months ago.

"That's good." Enrique nodded. "After the newest game comes out, we will grow faster."

["Really?."] Mut sounded curious. ["What will be the next game?"]

"No idea. Either Clash of Clans or Genshin Impact. It depends on how many employees I get." Enrique yawned while stretching his arms. "Anyhow, what is the new power?"

["Let's see... let's call it Heat Vision. You can now release extremely concentrated beams of lightning, turning it into plasma, from your eyes. It can only travel in a single straight line, as of now. Since it is plasma, it doesn't shock like electricity. It's just hot and burns through anything it comes into contact with. Though rather than the usual red, it's golden in color since that's my theme."] Mut explained, all to Enrique's delight.

Heat Vision. Now that would be very useful. From warming up a cold cup of coffee to cutting off large constructs—all should be possible by this.

"That sounds explosive," Enrique said. "What's the toughest thing it can cut through?"

["No idea, really. The last time I used this on the mortal plane was millennia ago. Earthly constructs have changed, some are more durable and some are weaker. I am sure it can cut through trees and rocks, but no idea about the other stuff."] Mut answered rapidly. ["You just have to test it out yourself."]